[Main Thread] Applying Update

I got the Applying Update Bug 4 days in a row each one giving me a worse ban then previously I am now banned from ranked for the rest of season 4. Please do something!

1 Like

3 times has happened where the game wont let me join showing a screen of “applying update” and then penalizing me for not letting me join. So far i have only experienced it while joining competitive

2 Likes

I’ve gotten this several times in QP…so it isn’t just competitive.

Only has happened since the last update.

1 Like

Current workaround is to load into Training first, make sure you have entered the training area, then leave and try queuing for QP to see it is fixed. Then try comp if you’ve confirmed its fixed.

1 Like

I have this same problem too

Same problem here. It’s happened twice so far. April 28th and May 4th (today). It would be nice if Blizzard would acknowledge it officially instead of ignoring all of the forum posts.

This has happened to me when I join Competitive. I’m now at a 1 Hr. penalty and I am not offered a chance to rejoin matches.

it’s been an issue for weeks now and seems to be a feature more than a bug at this point given how they seemingly couldn’t care less about it

It’s getting common and I am constantly getting banned because of your servers fault.
DUDE, DO YOU WANT ME TO PLAY AND SPEND MONEY IN THIS GAME OR YOU WILL KEEP PUSHING ME TO PLAYING VALORANT. FIX THIS STUPID GAME!
I try to play one single match just to get banned for one hour. This is incredible.

4 Likes

Same here. good job.

1 Like

I’m getting the same issue

I don’t know if Blizzard wants running tallies on this issue. But it happened again today. Happily, for me, I don’t play ranked. “Applying update” and the client goes dead. You must shut it down and restart to resume playing.

I have the same problem again, the best fix :face_exhaling:

Just got a 1 hour ban from comp because of this. Some notes of frustration that should and CAN be addressed by the developers:

1. You absolutely CAN remove the ban. You just won’t. Since you won’t, see 2:
  2. All players affected who post here should be refunded their Battle Pass credits equal to the time they are unable to earn exp in comp matches. That’s only fair, since this is YOUR SCREWUP. I don’t care if its not much, you should be forced to do the work simply because you WON’T do the work to fix it.
  3. You should write a script that initializes training mode on startup of the game, or block comp until a person loads the training map at least once. This is literally THE LEAST YOU CAN DO, since you are AWARE OF THE ISSUE AND REFUSE TO TAKE RESTORATIVE ACTION. This script will take your GOD-LIKE engineers all of 10 seconds to write and test.

Every moment we are locked out of MM, you have stolen money from us. Your response here is 100% inappropriate.

5 Likes

First time it happened to me a moment ago support queueing in Quick Play. It got stuck in Applying Update after the queue said it found a match. I had to force shut down to get out of it. Hope that helps.

So, never had a blemish on my record and now this. Punishing the players for a problem that the team knows about feels bad. Especially when you say there is an easy fix by making sure to load into the training area first.
Well, the easy fix is making us load into the training area before the game will let us queue. I shouldn’t need to learn about this from a google search after the fact.

I’m get banned for 1 hour because Applying Update.

Why I get banned because bug ???

Or just let the player recover by alt+f4ing and when relaunching the game you can rejoin. it’s been going on for a while and they are not doing sh*t

1 Like

Just got hit with a 8 hour ban. 3rd of 4th time this has happened to me. Nothing better then having your only day off sabotaged due to blizzards mistake.

I’m banned for the rest of the season because it happened to me 4 times.

This can’t be real lmao, if they dont fix these bans (that are caused by their own mistakes) im out.

small indie company btw

1 Like