[Main Thread] Applying Update

I just had this happen to me for a 2nd time; I force closed my game IMEDDIATELY in an attempt to rejoin as soon as I saw the “applying update” screen, and logged back in within probably 45 seconds to see “you have been suspended”. This is really driving me nuts that my account is being penalized for something that’s out of my control.

1 Like

Yup, this happened to me the last two times I tried to get into competitive. I was banned for 15 min the first time, so I just went to play QP. A few days later, I try playing competitive again, and now I’m banned an hour…

I’m sure it’s going to derank me once I even am able to get into a comp game

I am in the same situation, banned now for an hour… Knowing there has been this problem for a while, it’s a shame they don’t look for a solution, that’s how people will stop playing. It’s not fair to be banned or deranked when you didn’t even make it to the game and it was cancelled, not affecting anyone really… It all sounds just like excuses honestly.

I have yet to be actioned for this. But, I, too, have a problem “Applying Update.” Once I see that on my screen, it’s game over. I have to close the client and restart it in order to play. The update, whatever it is, never finishes.

Payed 10€ for the BattlePass. As I am stupid, I forgot to use the workaround once too often. Now I am blocked for Season 4. What an unbelievable huge disappointment. Never seen something like this before in 25 years of gaming… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :cry:

So… still no fix, no ETA for a patch, no apologies to the community, with a lot of people that got banned and no idea on how to revert ban and suspensions, am I right?

Having reclaimed the disk space occupied by this game is still the best fix then, no workarounds, no trials and errors, no risks of getting banned :+1:

1 Like

This keeps happening to me randomly when I least expect it and now It happened for the 3rd time this week and I got banned for 8 hours, great job Blizzard… can’t even appeal this ban because apparently Blizzard does not remove competitive bans EVER even if it’s THEIR OWN FAULT.

Got the same problem here , got now 5 bans in 4 days because of this bullsht . I‘m on a 8hr penalty don’t know if it goes up to a day the next time or maybe got perma ban because of how often leaving the game , this scks

I am as well experiencing this for multiple days in a row and getting extended ban times. I’m going to contribute to this forum in hopes that it makes the DEVS aware of how bad they are screwing up and that making False statements about fixing a bug that is clearly still in effect is BS.

How long does it take you guys to fix 1 simple bug??? This keeps happening to me and my bans are getting longer for something I can’t control.

1 Like

1h suspension >:( It would be nice to have an in-game note to remind you to join training before comp. We know blizzard has a system for notices and they’re simply just not using it. This is wild.

Good luck to other folks here facing this issue.

1 Like

What we also know is that Blizzard is bunch of incompetent randoms and nothing is working as it should.

3 Likes

So why aren’t you doing anything to prevent people from being unfairly banned? This has been an issue for months. You obviously don’t know how to fix it and probably never will.

1 Like

Just happened to me 5 mins ago, and now i’m banned for the SECOND TIME this season for 15 minutes, and of course like having trolls and throwers in my ranked game isnt enough, i’m also gonna get sr loose :slight_smile: Overwatch² becoming free is the worst thing you could have done to the game so far. Now its full of people who doesnt care at all about ranked, (Was master 1 and for now i’m plat 4… every single game are the same, full of trolls and throwers) and now i have to fight against DEVS and the GAME itself for climbing my rank back??? Fix your game blizzard.

1 Like

This should’ve been fixed a long time ago! All season Ive had to take ban after ban for something I can’t control even when going into practice. You should’nt be punishing us for your errors here! Am I just supposed to abandon comp for the entire season?

Honestly didnt know this was an issue till today when it happened to me… Its been going on for awhile and they dont feel the need to let players know? Thats horrible and is going to kill the game cause who wants to play when you might have penalty just for trying.

Happened to me twice, may 5th and may 6th. Decided to play with a friend. He signs us for comp. I get stuck in “applying update” and penalty. Thought this bug was 1-2 days old but seeing replies from 9 days ago. what the h*ll blizzard.

Blizzard-Activision doesn’t care about you and they only want your money. The people working on this game will permaban anyone without remorse and fail to take responsibility for thousands of affected account’s money, time, and energy. It’s a sad fact but one that more people need to realize as Overwatch 2 continues on.

It’s been there since launch but the last patch made it very prevalent.

As soon as I find a match in competitive after first launching the game a text as soon I find a game says “applying update” this stays there for about 10 mins not putting me in the match. When I restart the game it suspends me for 10 minutes the second time it suspended me for an hour.

Still not fixed, still getting leaver penalty and SR loss.
Sometimes i wonder why do we still give you money for this abomination of tech dif game…

1 Like