Lunge contradicts Blizzards statements on hero balance

I know that’s s/ but they’ve been chipping at Genji for a year so…

That’s why they made im shoot treetrunks sweetheart.

100m/s is not slow and with that speed of arrow his drop is negligible.
I had someone tell me yesterday that it was sometimes easier to hit with projectiles than hitscan because of the size of them. Can we agree on anything here? Nope that goes against the way of the world. :sweat_smile:

Hanzo hasn’t shot tree trunks in almost two years.

3 Likes

Hanzo has already had added mobility since launch in the form of Wall Climb. So technically yes, they are just buffing his strength to give him a horizontal movement on top of his pre-existing vertical ability.

1 Like

Maybe he is not shooting coast redwood anymore, but at least birches.

Given that his projectiles are the smallest in the game (aside from maybe Ana unscoped), your concerns are better off levied at literally any other projectile hero.

2 Likes

To be fair, they also buffed the arrow speed, which is an indirect buff to that gravity fall off… so that’s one of his weakness buffed away in that regard.

Then you also have to consider that his biggest weakness as a sniper should be CQC due to slow fire rates and mandatory precise aim (things that define snipers along with the long range and high damage), but with storm arrow he gets what is essentially a fully automatic gun that can melt tanks in 2 seconds, let alone anyone who dares to get close to him. So that’s another weakness ticked off the list.

I agree that mobility wasn’t his weakness to begin with, but they did really take away some of his actual weaknesses in other ways.

5 Likes

Jeff said theyd rather, not theyd always…done.

Oh poor Hanzo and his low mobility, what’s he supposed to do when a big mean Ana corners him? Run up a wall or something?

/s

It’s really not negligible.

Imagine if they gave Hanzo the same usability as McCree’s revolver. It’d be an insane buff.

It is definitely negligible. If you have ever played sniper on any BF game you will know what real ‘‘bullet’’ drop is.
At 100m/s his arrow barely drops. When you can aim at a Phara in the sky and the arrow drops from her nose to her neck that is negligible.

3 Likes

I don’t believe mobility was one of Hanzo’s weaknesses, and even then I don’t think lunge did much when compared to “actual” mobility moves like Genji’s Swift Strike or Tracer’s several Blinks. He always had wall climb, which was a tool he always had that allowed him to escape danger.

At the moment they are slowly nerfing lunge as requested by the community, in about the same fashion as Brigitte’s shield bash, with baby steps, until the community is happy.
Personally, I’m very happy with most of the changes they made recently, my least probably being the Symmetra rework, but I hardly play her so I don’t really have a good opinion on the matter.

And with some salt on the side they decided to nerf Bastion’s strengths and buff his weakness but it’s still weak.

Blizzard and consistency? Remember when hero stacking used to be a “core part” of the game? LUL

While I think lunge was a bad decision its still in line with hanzo. He’s not immobile, he can wall climb. Thats pretty mobile.

A sniper that never reloads.
A sniper that gets scarier the CLOSER you get to it.
A sniper that has a lunge to get out of the biggest mistake a sniper is never supposed to make. ( allowing closing )
A sniper that has a better fan the hammer than McCree.
A sniper that can kill an entire team through walls with his ult.

Balanced.