Lucio's concert event

So I’m trying to think of a few PvE scenarios that use characters who have yet to be featured in PvE events. Here’s the first one.

Lucio is holding a concert in Busan to raise awareness of the Vishkar Corporation’s shady business practices. D.Va has specifically requested a position on Lucio’s security detail. Symmetra is there to apprehend (or kill) Lucio for his crimes against Vishkar Corporation. And finally, Sombra is there to steal Lucio’s sonic technology.

Unfortunately for all of them (with the possible exception of Lucio) Busan is attacked by Omnics sent by the monster of the South China Sea. The 4 heroes have no choice but to but to join forces to survive the onslaught.

I see this as an opportunity for some entertaining banter, some new skins, and even a few emotes. Blizz could even commission some original music and have Jonny Cruz sing it.

And yes, while Sombra is my main, Symm is the hero I hate. So I hope that balances whatever your B.S. complaint is out.

Sound like a start?

8 Likes

D.Va is a soldier, not a bodyguard. She would have no reason to do this.

This is very out of character for Symmetra - she doesn’t kill, and she’s not a cop.

Why would Sombra have to go to a concert the steal the sonic tech? She could just hack in and steal the designs.

Lucio is a DJ not a singer.

This scenario seems very forced, and without a main healer, would be a terrible PvE experience.

2 Likes

I have to wonder, though, how will the rumored PvE game work for including the heroes who aren’t really connected to the main Overwatch/Omnic Crisis/ Talon story line? Like Lùcio, Sym, D.Va, the Junkers… they seem really disconnected and their supporting cast (if any) aren’t involved either.

Whoa…I love this!! Someone should hire you. I always thought of interesting events of Overwatch’s story such as the Omnic Crisis. But phew. This one’s really good.

2 Likes

Whataver that can expand the present day plot instead of constantly overbloating the universe in the past instead of moving the story forward.

And I really like your idea so let’s hope Michael and Alyssa are around!

2 Likes

Sounds like a pretty cool idea. I’d like this as a new PvE event.

1 Like

Not intentionally kill. But Satya concussed Calado’s men long enough for Sanjay’s explosion to kill them anyway. While apprehending a major, world famous DJ might be outside of her job description, it’s not entirely out of the realm of possibility. The more likely scenario is that she’s simply there to gather intel or is simply in Busan on her own time. Perhaps she’s just on leave and enters the fray when she notices the Gwishin attack. Not out of character for her, as seen when she jumps right into the fire to save the girl in “A Better World”.

Hana is indeed not capable of serving as a security detail, but she would still be part of any response force to Gwishin attacks. The other MEKA members could even serve as backup fighters during any final confrontation.

Sombra still needs to be present to take the designs, or at the very least plant a sapper to do the job for her, like Reaper did during Recall. A new infrared targeting system for the Gwishin omnics may blow her cover as she attempts to retrieve the data, sparking the confrontation.

It most definitely is a stretch, but I think this scenario is fun and would be a visual spectacle, especially considering how vibrant these characters are. And Sombra’s ability to hack healthpacks could be used to supplement the low Lúcio healing. Couple that with the sheer mobility of these heroes, the damage negation from D.va and Symmetra, and low damage enemies (with the exception of a Bastion or two and some custom enemies) and you very well might have a good PvE setup.

It’s improbable, but hey, nobody ever thought Symm would be viable at all and lo and behold she’s finally seen some hours in OWL.

1 Like

Just got unbanned for making my usual anti-political statements. I Guess I should consider my self lucky that I wasn’t [somehow allowed to kill myself] in jail.

Anyway…

Lucio is a well known critic of Vishkar. It makes sense for him to use his fame the same way other celebrities: evangelism.

D.Va isn’t just a soldier. She’s also a celebrity. And she’s a known fan of Lucio.

Symmetra is an agent of Vishkar with a history of “going rogue” to eliminate perceived threats.

Sombra is… Sombra.

I think a better use for Lucio’s concert:

Cinematic: Lucio has a concert coming soon. Orisa manages to snag a day off, and as a surprise gets Efi 2 tickets for the 2 of them to attend: VIP’s at that.

Meanwhile, in the middle of the concert, Talon strikes again in Numbani, this time out to capture the DJ. Meanwhile, Doomfist has assigned Sigma his first ‘emergency confiscation mission’ to bring the ‘stolen’ property and the thief, Lucio, to justice.

Enter a big fight between Orisa and Sigma, under Doomfist’s surveillance.

Talon soldiers begin terrorizing the crowd, making them retreat… until Lucio begins to fight back, and use his tech to protect and inspire the crowd to fight back against the unsuspecting soldiers.

Orisa comes out okay, Sigma retreats confused at this unusual machine that seems to defy the laws of physics (halt and fortify helps her out), and Lucio and Orisa stick around for authorities.

Epilogue: out comes Helix chief Pharah to inquire any particular Talon agents that stood out.

Thats 4 heroes out of the lore, all in it now.
Put a Lucio concert skin event too, for the heck of it. Or orange crossing guard orisa epic skin.

Junkrat and Roadhogs world wide heist!

It’s either two player or one of them is an AI, maybe it could release beside Junkerqueen being playable!

1 Like

That would be a nasty thing to do by Lucio
“Fans, i know the Talon troopers have armor and firearms such as shotguns and assault rifles, but we have music! Come on guys we can do it!”

I mean to be fair, this is music that has the power of absorbing bullets and replenishing wounds. Plus a lot of fans likely have a good idea on his basic feats.

Plus, based on gameplay, whose to say he hasnt started or inpsired riots, justified or otherwise? His tech suits keeping people strong in any event.

It’s true that there isn’t a primary healer. But these heroes do have excellent mobility and powers that prevent damage. Anyone who plays these heroes knows how to dodge bullets.