Lucio is the most picked character in GM

Or the closest to them. In a tie, then the highest until there is a difference in distance again. That would tighten up GOATS and make them easier targets for area attacks and Ults.

Are you in GM? Are there more than a handful of people looking at the forums in GM? Who cares.

What you are describing works fine in the lower ranks, but rapidly become inadequate as you rise. You have to do so much more. Wallriding and mobility become paramount as enemy damage dealers become more accurate. Triage skills become increasingly important. Knowing when to switch between his playstyles becomes critical.

Low skill floor, high skill ceiling.

1 Like

A massive majority of the game IS lower ranks though, and yes obviously once you hit mid diamond the game is different. My point stands even better in higher ranks since his jack of all trades kit is in the hands of people that can utilize him efficiently.

Lucio is like one of the few characters that doesn’t need changes at all what

1 Like

it’s actually so dumb that lucio got buffed
lucio, the character who dominated the meta in literally every meta ever besides mercy meta, was somehow considered underpowered by this forum so they gave him massive buffs when he was already a strong character that was overshadowed by the monstrosity that was mercy 2.0

beat was fine
compared to trans it wasn’t that good, but that’s because trans is like the best ult in the game

oh and ults being not-so-game-defining was actually a pretty great part of his design

His ult was underpowered, Zen’s was better vs burst damage AND sustained damage. Lucio’s aura radius getting buffed doesn’t help him in GOATS where its redundant. The wallriding buffs increased the number of maps he’s good on, which might be an issue but doesn’t change how oppressive GOATS is where it would still work if that got reverted. Lucio has always had the things that make him good in GOATS.

Maybe Ana shouldn’t be able to churn out as much healing as a Moira while also countering Moira, having more utility, and a better ult?

It did, Ana was also buffed for legit no reason, in precisely the same patch that Mercy stopped being mega-OP.

1 Like

They increased his aura size by…are you sitting down… half his height. Then gave him more shielding on the most volatile, easiest countered ult in the game specifically to make him to burst ults what Zen is to sustained ults.

They did so because he was bottom of the barrel in picks, and needed some value. It has less of an impact than as was rightfully pointed out…bionades.

I didn’t say this, you quoted the wrong person!

I think you accidentally quoted my quote. Ceres was the one who said that.

Yeah, sure did sorry about that

1 Like

https://scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com/vp/ca9efe9f058d9d1b44af3fa746594ba7/5CC7E113/t51.2885-15/e35/44850388_2430046590355480_4394591068272345156_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.cdninstagram.com

2 Likes

No? Because it’s not broken like Mass rez and scatter arrow, and it isn’t completely useless like Symm 1.0.

The problem now with the game is that now since GOATS is a thing people will find ways to make more versions of it and the more support and tanks we get the more versions of GOATS coming.

As you can see we have so many different kinds of GOATS comps now.

The first version that consistent of Moira, Lucio & Brigitte all had in common was that they can duel DPS very well and have better sustain than them.

While Zarya & D.va and even sometimes Reinhardt was considering the damage and tanks at the same time because of how much damage they do.

This is why the DPS category fell off against Goats. GOATS can DPS and have better sustain and ultimates than most DPS.

Since we know that the devs have like 6 protypes of supports and tanks ready I just expect GOATS to never actually go away.

pass next thread please

Please no

We need more supports that have overlapping utility

The solution is making it such that the DPS category isn’t as big as the Support and Tank categories combined

I hate how this is still a thing

Can people not counter or aim or do u just spin in circles.Lucio is a easy counter character stop crying.

Simple. He’s the ultimate carry hero. And you can always blame your team, since your a Lucio.

GOATS is a thing only because of stacked healing auras. That’s the root of the problem. If you can heal 5 targets at a time with two different healers you’re heals per second are much, much higher than trying to use Mercy or Ana or other healing options. Until they get at the root of the problem, we likely won’t see a change in the meta, just evolutions.

The other discussion about Tank damage is a different issue. Maybe tanks have too much damage? I don’t necessarily agree. I think Tanks have too much mobility. I’m fine tanks having high damage at short range if they don’t have the ability to go vertical and gap close easily. Damage heroes are supposed to be the ones holding and using high ground but honestly Winston and D.Va are too good at taking it from them.

But if they get rid of stacking healing auras there will won’t be much of a reason to pick them and I know in the future we will get more. Winston and D.va do have a lot of mobility but out those two I still think D.va does too much damage for a dive because the rest of the dive tanks can’t burst a hero down that fast.

Even with all this healing going around Reinhardt and Zarya have very good syngery and their ults are game winning. The other tank pair Orisa and Roadhog don’t compare to this duo unless we are in a sniper meta.

Another thing is most of the tanks don’t require much aim. Which isn’t a problem. The only problem when it comes to DPS against them is most DPS have to reload and if you in their range they will destory and they have the healing to constantly back them up.