Lucio in maybe his worst spot?

HP was buffed across the board, Lucio lost damage but gained 10% boop strength

Tanks lost 10% knockback resist, so they reverted Lucio’s boop buff

Essentially, now we’re in a world where Lucio has lower stats than pre-season 9 while the entire game is more survivable. Feelsbadman

6 Likes

Yea but “worst spot” for historically a top-5 all-time best hero in the game is still probably good. I do wish we got the damage nerf reverted.

12 Likes

Yeah not a call to action just saying we should keep an eye on him. With Space Ranger apparently being a speed support I don’t wanna see Lucio nerfed so she can be a straight up better option

3 Likes

Lucio is picked heavily because he can survive dive and flier metas. And speed is crazy useful for coordinated teams.

Not sure why Blizzard is trying to pigeonhole support players into a handful of characters. Half the cast is a struggle to play right now.

Baffling balance decisions.

1 Like

Give the frog four more shots in his stoopid gun at the very least. Poor frog has to reload after five attacks. What a world. :frog: :sweat_drops:

7 Likes

Lucio is still really good in higher ranks.

2 Likes

How can you lose being a Rein’s speedboost bot?

Bring back beat on head

6 Likes

He needs a little bit more of healing.

Lucio nerf was a bizarre choice.

But Dva DM going untouched was a reminder they haven’t played this patch yet

4 Likes

I’m sure they tried to get a feel for DVA but everytime they saw one a Zarya appeared 30 seconds later and away she went. At this point I am convinced DVA has a passive ability to force the enemy tank onto Zarya.

4 Likes

I really hope they just give him his damage back. They may be purposefully nerfing him to the ground to make way for space ranger. That seems to be how they handle balance.

No, he’s not.

I just want 4 more bullets. That’s it

6 Likes

I haven’t played him since the tank changes, but he’s been really good.

I don’t think this is really an accurate portrayal.

What actually happened for Lucio from the big across-the-board HP-buff patch onwards is basically a set of tradeoffs:

1. HP was buffed across the board, but Lucio’s projectile size was increased.

2. Lucio’s primary fire does less damage, but his boop does more damage and has an increased lockout time.

3. The knockback amount on his boop was fiddled around with and is now essentially exactly as it was before.

I don’t think it’s clear this leaves him worse off than before. It’s largely just a tradeoff between boop damage and primary fire damage, and the net change there is pretty minimal overall. And you’ve got more lockout time on the boop on top of that.

The other thing to remember is that the DPS passive was introduced and is probably good for Lucio, because his power budget is much less based on pumping lots of healing on people in the middle of a fight.

As long as mauga and other brawl ranks are viable lucio keeps his place. The boop change is just a revert that was added to compensate for the tank passive changes. The armor changes are actually his biggest nerf recently he’s doing 9 dmg now to armor.

He wasn’t anywhere as annoying as he was before season 9, suddenly all the lucios who couldn’t aim before are hitting every headshot and wasting beat just to run past you as fast as possible

Ive had more than 1 game where Lucio would engage and Genji would wait back looking to kill you with dash

I argue he’s more annoying than sombra

Doesn’t matter he could zero dmg and just heal as long as speed boost exist.
He will be a meta hero.

Done, this set of changes is the last straw. Playing Lucio prior to the boop change was painful enough without Kaiju. I will enjoy the memories of my 4000 hours playing Lucio, but would rather clean my urethra with hydrochloric acid than suffer through this trash game with these trash decisions any more.

Between the loss of combo kills on the highest skill ceiling hero in the game, the devaluing of boop, and now a space ranger taking the one thing that has been the millstone around Lucio’s neck keeping him from anything else, this is the final nail.

6 Likes