Low fps on startup

Whenever I start overwatch, I get 15-30 fps (low settings) on the menu. Before the big update, I got 150-200 fps on high settings. This problem usually resolves itself after 10 minutes, but if I leave the game and come back, the problem persists. My latency is also extremely high, which is surprising because in valorant, I get around 15-30 ping. Multiple people on Reddit have this problem. Below shows a fellow redditor recording the problem.

(NOT MINE)
Reddit post

Yup, this issue is back again for me as well… Started with the starwatch patch. It got resolved overnight but no response or mention so no idea if Blizzard actually did something or it just righted itself.

When was it exactly fixed? The problem started last weekend for me

Took about a day for me last time, not sure what actually went on to fix it though so it may just never have been fixed and I got lucky to dodge it for a bit.

in the meantime, you can enable/disable dynamic render scale, it should reset your fps. The latency issue will stay, and if you hit ctrl+shift+n it should show you a bunch of variance in your netgraph.

Problem still occurs. After about 15-20 minutes of playing fps returns to normal but it’s getting real annoying having to wait before playing. Hopefully this gets fixed soon

At the very least the game is compiling shaders which reduces performance and can cause the game to desync.

Try the steps in the linked post and let us know how you go.

I tried this but no luck. Did you restart your computer after putting in the command and resetting the shader cache? Or do something else to fix it? My fps is 50-57 on startup (main menu), but should be maxing out at 60.

EDIT: I have no idea what I did but when I opened the battle.net launcher, I was greeted with a log in page. So I logged in and opened overwatch. My fps was back to normal!! Hopefully this stays fixed but I’m just glad that it’s fixed. By the way, the command that’s linked above was typed incorrectly by me. This issue however was fixed by itself without the command line.:sweat_smile:

That shouldn’t be necessary.

Sometimes resetting the Shader Cache in AMD Software: Adrenaline Edition is enough to fix shader compilation issues.