"Lost connection to game server"

I had the same issue. I tried the steps in the following support article, but it still didn’t resolve the issue. Blizzard Support - Connection Troubleshooting (battle.net)

Note: If you’re the only one getting disconnected in the match, then it’s probably an issue with your computer or network. If most of the times there’s someone else getting disconnected at the same time as you, then it could be an issue with the server or in the network traffic route (NighthAwk nicely explains this here).

My issue was resolved by doing this:

Switching to a different server region in Battle.net launcher (you can’t switch region in Steam, so use Battle.net launcher to change region). I was on Asia, then I switched to Europe or Americas, and it stopped disconnecting me. Since the game automatically connects you to the nearest server, irrespective of the region you choose, it shouldn’t affect your latency. More details in this post by Sawada.

I highly recommend reading this forum for more information: Having disconnections mid game? READ THIS

Also, please try:

• Simply restarting your PC. Sometimes that’s enough to fix the issue.
  • Scan and repair game files. Steps given here.
  • Change your account password. It’s possible that someone’s trying to log into your account, causing you to disconnect.
  • Run an antivirus scan (full scan, not quick scan).
  • Try the steps in support article I’ve mentioned.

If this helps anyone out, please reply which method worked for you so it can help others with this issue. Thanks!

2 Likes