So I was playing with my friends we got queue into a comp game on Horizon Lunar Colony I have a clip, I was never loaded into the game Restarted my game and I had lost 50 SR and had a suspension can I have this corrected and have my SR returned
This sounds like your connection lagged out. Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:
My game didnt crash at all, It didn’t load it in at all and kicked me, how can that be mine or my connections fault, there was no disconnection I was always on the server just the game didnt load and as I have a clip of what happened, I should not be penalised
What happens in this case, sounds like the game client was being blocked reaching that specific server IP. There can be game client/system performance issues too, but those are more rare.
If this is happening frequently, stop playing Competitive and try to work to troubleshoot the problem. Its tough because of the exact point where it is happening. But the best option is to run a WinMTR test in the training range to see if there is any connection anomalies.
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 188.8.131.52:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 184.108.40.206
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 220.127.116.11
- US Central - 18.104.22.168
- Brazil - 22.214.171.124
- Europe - 126.96.36.199
- Europe - 188.8.131.52
- Korea - 184.108.40.206
- Taiwan - 220.127.116.11
All I’m asking is that the 2 hrs of hard work I did to get that 50 SR I wrongfully lost gets restored, I’m finding this Unfair because it was not a connection issue but an issue with the game
Sorry but it can’t happen, please see the link I provided for details. This is why the penalty starts small. It is easily recovered after a few games. Remember skill rating is a rating, not a score or currency.
Don’t bother m8. Same thing happened with me, and I got the same wack replies. Once I was playing PTR and it banned me from Comp. They’ll never return your SR, and it’s always your fault.