Loss streaks are absolutely the result of bad matchmaking

Lose streaks are the result of tiltqing

5 Likes

That AND player behavior. Which is why I hate both in OW, the matchmaking and the community

Matchmaking is actually terrible!! this week only i had a huge amount of loss streak! ::::

The Third Law of Gaming

1 Like

It’s intentional. If matchmaking can’t find players somewhat near you, it will still aim to maintain your winrate around 50%.

So you can get half of games, where you can be AFK and still get win, and half of games, where no matter what you do, you are destined to lose.

2 Likes

Personal winrate is not a factor of the MM, please stop spreading misinformation.

The MM will start matches with thresholds determined by SR and internal MMR of the players on average in which one team has at least 40% chances of more of winning the match.

Stop deflecting blame to the MM
Stop equating equal chances to equal outcome.

Please learn how the MM works instead. Its not that hard.
No FR, it really isnt. Unless you are into conspiracy theories and “you have been shadow banned by the MM” stuff, it is out there. Literally on this forum, on the competitive section:

1 Like

Ha-ha, OP is a big troll. Lose streaks are not a thing! Who would design a game in this way?!
I just lost around 12 games in a row btw.

2 Likes

It still means, that matchmaking tries to give you 50% winrate. Just because it doesn’t force it directly, but via arranging players, doesn’t make it invalid.

1 Like

No one is saying the matchmaking system is rigged, you’re creating a straw man.
OP is saying the matchmaker is evidently badly coded, because wins/losses are so streaky.

Take me for example. Week before last I dropped 300 SR playing the same heroes in the same way I always do.
Last week I climbed back up that 300 SR, plus another 300…still playing the exact same heroes the exact same way.

I understand that teammates and opponents are a variable that will always keep SR in flux, but to ping-pong in such a wide range? The matchmaker isn’t doing its job very effectively.

9 Likes

It’s kind of rigged. It doesn’t force wins or losses directly, but adjusts chances.

If you are winning for a while, your chance to win is being lowered, as matchmaking gets better and better players to “stop” your progress. At the same time, if you lose for a while, you get games, where your chance to win is absurdly high, even if you do nothing.

2 Likes

you being tilted enough to post this is great evidence that you could be tilted enough to cause your own loss streak

sorry man lol

I mean, I wouldn’t be surprised if the streaks are deliberate, it would keep players hooked, gambling style.

Forgetting that though, I think the problem is that the game is so nuance based, that the matchmaker would somehow have to be able to understand context in order to accurately make a match where both teams have 50% chance of winning.

A classic example is the average team SR.
The game thinks a team of 3 plats, 2 low golds, and a diamond is equal to a team of all plats. It never is, even if the average SR of both teams are near each other on paper.

In reality, the team of plats will probably have a much better chance of winning. The low golds are on Rein and Moira and making horrendous choices that the diamond couldn’t possibly carry.

5 Likes

Yeah, it can’t be because you’re just not playing well today. That would make it your fault and that couldn’t possibly be the explanation, right?

And “heads or tails streaks” are coused by flawed coins.

Great joke.

Its actual human psychology. An example was apple ipods shuffle song feature.
It was bothering poeple, so they made it LESS RANDOM to make it feel better and more random for humans.
Basically like a coin going H-T-H-T-H-T-H…

Human brain just cant accept probability, thats why you rage when you lose 5 in a row. Learn statistics and your OW life will be better…oh and dont gamble :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Matchmaking is kind of bad, I feel like it was way better before they tweaked it a bunch. It used to be pretty easy to climb when I was in diamond, but NOW I break even, even when I have my brother who topped out at 4300 helping me on my gold account.

It is 100% invalid.
Because it doesnt work like that. It works on the average of the team, not you.
You could be literally one of the top factors of the team or one of the lowest. Its done on a TEAM AVERAGE, its not personal.

Again, stop spreading misinformation. This is dangerous and creates outrage for not reason, just to cultivate conspiracy theories about things that dont exist.

And who said it doesn’t put together players with same chances, to achieve said average?

It’s not a conspiracy - games are arranged in certain way, that either supposed to give players “balanced” experience(doesn’t seem to be the case) or to make them addicted, so they would play longer.

1 Like

Because it doesnt.
It is statistically impossible. Taking the insane amount of factors and players history into account, its like claiming 2 persons that “look alike” have the same DNA. It just doesnt fly.

Also reality is a clear evidence of it. Its literally impossible that 2 low golds, 2 mid plats and 2 diamonds have the same chances to win a match against a mirror. Those players are WAY different and have way different SR and again …

for the last time …

Personal WIN RATE is not a factor that is taken into account.

Read.About.How.The.Matchmaker.Works.

1 Like

Yes, you read, since Blizzard will never reveal it’s internal mechanics, for obvious reasons.

Stop protecting them already, it’s like you are being paid to tell everywhere, that “you don’t understand Blizzard’s doings”.

3 Likes

if anything streaks are good matchmaking, if youre playing worse on a day youre going to lose fairly consistently. if the matchmaking was more random you would be carried through games a lot more often.