Loss Forgiveness in OW2?

we all know how much leavers literally destroy our day by day experience playing comp in this game, and im baffled that OW1 still doesnt have this system. if someone leaves in a team game especially overwatch chances that you are going to loose are very high. So why not add this? the other people in the team shouldn’t loose their ranked points and MMR just because of a leaver, that only makes us not want to come back and play, creates unnecessary frustration. Add this, ppl affected by a leaver dont loose pts at all from leaving the match, and they can just queue right back up for another match, we move on, every1 is happy. is literally just that simple.

Can we PLEASE make this a reality?

7 Likes

Would the team without the leaver still gain SR (presuming they win)? Because if so, this could easily be abused and over time will inflate everyone’s SR. And if not, there would be a lot of unhappy winners.

2 Likes

“Hey CannonRed, we noticed you are not playing well and dragging the team down. Would you mind taking the hit and leave game so our SR isn’t affected?”

-“no way.”

“Everyone report CannonRed.”

7 Likes

they can report but Blizzard won’t take action, this is meaningless

1 Like

People still get suspended and banned, so why would you think that is meaningless? They don’t have to “take action” since the system is largely automated. Imagine being the low man a few matches in a row and bullied by your own team to leave.

2 Likes

Even if someone isnt bullied into it, it would still be an option under this system for one person to take the fall for the rest of their team if its clear theyre going to lose.

If you never leave a match yourself, then the chances of there being a leaver on the other team is always higher than your own, so overall you shoud eventually have a net positive SR gain from games with leavers.

1 Like

They originally had it in season 1.

It was removed almost immediately because this community cant be trusted with nice things.

3 Likes

I would add that if the leaver is in a pre-made group then the group lose SR. But if you’re queuing solo and a random player leaves there should be a vote system in place where the remaining 5 are able to cancel the match. Yes, it may still be abused now and then, but any inflated SR as a consequence of this I’m sure would pale in comparison to the amount of SR lost or gained unfairly currently through leavers.

2 Likes

Players can still abuse it I think. Players can just all vote to kick out the slightly poorer performer.

But Blizzard said: There’s a new ranking system. No more SR instantly going up or down after a match. Instead, your rank stays the same until you win 7 matches or lose 20. After that you’ll go up or down one level. There are 5 or 6 levels in one rank.

So if you have a few bad matches because of leavers, you don’t worry because you’ll need to lose a lot more matches than win in order to change your rank.

1 Like

Where did they ever say it has to go up or down?

As far as I understood you can very well win 7, lose 20 and be the same rank. It just removed the sr update after every game

What I meant was, your sub-rank (category 3, 2, 1, etc.) goes up or down. But your rank stays the same until you finish the categories in one rank.

I think sub rank can stay the same too, no?

I would like to offer an alternative.

If you win with 1 player down. You gain double the sr.

The missing player had to be gone for at least 1 minute of play for the system to kick in.

If you lose a player down your opponent gains sr as normal. You lose 0sr.

1 Like

Yes. The Sub Rank stays the same until you win 7 times or lose 20 times. When you lose or win that many times, your Sub Rank changes accordingly.

I don’t know much about Competitive yet. But I think this miiight work.

1 Like

so your saying we cant have a good thing because blizzard has a bad system with a bad system, that’s crazy.

2 Likes

Overwatch needs rank forgiveness all other comp games have it

3 Likes

I think if there are some horrible events in a game, like major trolling or griefing, rank forgiveness would be a good idea.

crazy bc apex has the same thing but its not abused at all, y’all just love making unrealistic scenarios up apparently

I literally quit the game yesterday after a tank left the game. I’m guessing they disconnected because we were winning. I’m sick of the bad matchmaking, smurfing, and leavers. That was the only game I lost, but I’ve been stuck all season. I have no reason to play anymore.