Losing SR for win

Can blizzard please change how a disconnect affects your SR when you make it back after 2 minutes and turn the game around for a win. It is just a punch in the nuts to lose 50 SR, put the time and effort back in to turn it around, then not only do you not get the ~25 SR but you lost 50. It’s basically a net 75 SR loss when you make the difference and win after getting back. It just incentivises people to leave again if it was over 2 minutes because what’s the point of wasting my time for no SR.

1 Like

Yeah, i don’t see the point of this. If you win after a disconnect, you obviously don’t deserve the penalty because you brought it back and didn’t grief your team.

1 Like

Sorry but you deserve the penalty as you left your team with 5v6 for two minutes +. It could be and would be abused without penalization. I would be maybe down for only - 25 when team wins. But there has to be some kind of penalization.

Hmm ok well maybe sr loss could be removed but time ban should be longer.

I’d be down for harsher or more strict penalties if in exchange we also allowed groups (or at least 6-stacks) to have the option to “forgive” a teammate for leaving if they know them irl or know it was either an emergency or an outage out of their control. That way groups who play together regularly could hold each other accountable while being able to differentiate better between leaving out of tilt/trolling and crashing/losing power.

That and at least make it only -25 while still gaining the SR you would for a win in that scenario. Chances are after being gone for more than 2 minutes pbsr would have you gain less than 25 anyway with less stats. That way it’s an incentive to come back and try still instead of just “well I’m losing SR/being penalized anyway so why come back?” But with that change you can try to make a comeback win happen and either lose little SR, break even, or even gain a couple.

This is actualy pretty good idea. It could work as endorsement is working, team mates could vote at the end if leaver should get penalization.

1 Like

That’s an interesting concept. Not easily abused since it would only happen at the end of a game, and most people (hopefully) won’t down vote someone who rejoins immediately.

I might though. Depends on their attitude.

2 Likes