Losing SR due to Blizzards server disconnecting

Why do we lose over 100 SR when Blizzard’s servers decide to disconnect? was in the middle of a match that would have put back to being right on the edge of gold

1 Like

Spazt1c,

The PC servers haven’t had any recent issues. Are you frequently having this kind of problem? We can’t restore SR but we may be able to help you stop the disconnections from happening. More information on leaver penalties here.

1 Like

It’s only happened a couple times, but it’s been enough to make me want to stop playing the game to be honest.

2 Likes

Same here. Ive lpst so much already because of their servers but they will never admit it is on their end. Ive heard from other players that Blizzard only concerns themselves with PC players. Apparently the LC 202 erroe has been happening for over 2 years now. It is affecting every ps4 player around the world. There is no actual fix because it hasnt been addressed. I gave up on this game. I lost so much sr and ive never NEVER left a match on comp purposly because i know how annoying it can be whem people quit out on the team… Then again im wonderong if its the fact that they are getting kicked from the servers too. Another person told me that there is so much crowding that the server isnt big enough for all of the players. So it kicks people out to make room for others to play.

1 Like

I can totally understand that it’s frustrating when you’re trying to push rank to run into this sort of issue. For now, I’d avoid competitive mode just to prevent further penalties. If we can get some more information we may be able to find the source of the issue and narrow things down. You could try playing custom games or quickplay, and run a WinMTR test while playing. You want to rerun that test every game, getting the new IP from the netgraph (ctrl+shift+n) each match. Keep doing this until you catch a disconnection, then run the test for 5 more minutes after the DC. Once done, post the results here. We can usually find the source of a disconnection and recommend what to do.

I’ve tried everything to fix the issue. I have to mess around fifteen minutes at title screen if it pops up once then I’m stuck with it for ages. And comp, well I’m constantly playing hoping and praying I don’t cop it and drop out. Never left a match intentionally. Thanks for the sr dock I guess . Love the game and the climb to get to plat’s been real and alot of laughs but overall just impossible because of this after tonight I’m done with lc202 , sitting out the rest of the season and probably won’t play at all next one if it isn’t addressed. Who needs that stress?

2 Likes

I played one game and my network crashed. was ofline for like 4min and when i got back to the game (was nor banned) we won the game but still i lost 100sr i was 3447 and now 3347… why do i lose rs even tho we won the game and i was playing to and part of the game so i was not banned and i was able to que for other game right aften the win… so why do i lose 100 rs for wiinning a game that i just did DC for couple of minutes and didnt get banned so why is this!!!

1 Like

Goonbag/theManager

In my first post in this thread I linked to a pinned post with information on leaver penalties, why they work the way they do, and what to do if you have feedback on them. If you want to troubleshoot the disconnections you’re experiencing you can start your own thread. However, we do not field suggestions or complaints at the technical support forum. We’re here to solve problems.

im having the same problem and people on my team were too. I lost the sr and banned which is really annoying. restoring sr needs to be something that you guys do because there was no warnings about this and people are working hard for goals that are being prevented by this.

2 Likes

So this looks like it is not an one-off issue and is now making this game undesirable to play. I am now sitting at a 2 hour ban and have lost about 200 SR in the last 2 hours due to this inconsistent server quality. This is by far the quickest way for Blizzard to lose their strong fan base. I could understand if someone has a bad connection but this is starting to become obvious that there is a wide spread issue taking place. Please look into options on repairing SR, we have invested too much time into this game to have it blown away in mere minutes.

3 Likes

I can get through 3-4 comps games with no problems then just out of the random it goes into the trash cause of these “connection issues”. May I recommend you start the listed maintenance immediately and mitigate the issue that multiple users are reporting now

2 Likes

Drakuloth. Honestly buddy, this has been an ever growing problem. That WinMTR test thing hasn’t helped a mass majority of us. Its all over the forums AND redit.

3 Likes

Once again, we are not aware of any current server issues. Despite the number of people reporting connection issues, when we troubleshoot them we almost uniformly find out that they are individual issues or localized ISP issues which we can then give advice on. Since nobody in this thread has attempted troubleshooting with us, I’ll be locking it.

If you’d like resources to investigate and troubleshoot your problems, or read about why leaver penalties function the way they do, or learn where to go to give feedback on your penalties, click here.

1 Like