Losing hero and total time played in my Career Profile

On launch day of Overwatch 2 I was able to get a screenshot of my time played, whenever I logged on today I noticed that I am missing lots of hours on a couple of heros.
The most notable being:

• Total time played (1,623 → 1,126)

• Ana (313 hours → 142 hours)

• Mercy (101 hours → 42 hours)

At first I thought this was because QP was no longer in the game, but you are still able to filter to it so I don’t think that is the issue.

40 Likes

I’m having the same issue. I had well over 100 hours on Mercy at the end of Overwatch 1 but it went down to around 40 after the merge. At first I thought that maybe it was still transferring over so I played a few games to see if that would give it enough time to fix itself. After I went back and checked though, my playtime on Widowmaker suddenly dropped from 94 hours to 9, when it had been fine before those games. All that Mercy playtime was a huge point of pride for me and I’m really upset about this.

If it helps any, I played Overwatch 1 on PS4 exclusively and am playing Overwatch 2 on PS5.

8 Likes

i feel that… my Ana was crazy i was about halfway to surpassing my most played hero only to have her disappear from second place, shes not even in my top 5 heroes now. My friend noticed it and her Mercy playtime as well, my mercy playtime is down by alot too.

tbh I feel like blizzard is running through the mud rn. They are probably a bit over their heads atm. One thing is fixed and something else breaks. It sucks cause tbh ive been there, it sucks.

But as annoyed as i am over a lot of this i do have faith that once things start getting smoothed over and dealt with, (hopefully sooner rather than later), that most issues will slowly disappear. I tbh wish blizzard had done a slow roll out rather than just dropping everyone in at the same time etc. As like a touch of the water to feel the temperature, spot bugs before servers were packed etc. theres things that will always not go right day 1 but its a wee bit on the frustrating side because theres a lot going on all at once. I am quite frustrated of this launch, (its been pretty rough, i couldnt even play the first two days). And well i may somewhat understand the flip side of everything, but i gotta say man its starting to get to me.

I mean i dont work here so i cant truly say whats what here, but thats my thoughts on everything (including this bug).

6 Likes

Do you think we’ll get all are Career lifetime stats back to how they were, I’m having the same problem. It’s very upsetting to me and I really would like your thoughts

5 Likes

I hope so, i (as the poster above me alsp said) take a fair amount of pride with my heroes.

Not only that i often compare stats with friends and players in higher ranks. (Yeah sure ik ik stats dont make you win). but for example if i compare bap stats with higher ranked players i can see things like their average healing is lower than mine etc. Means i should balance myself as a player to maybe doing more damage during team fights etc. (bad example but you get the idea).

Its not gonna make me top 500 but having that baseline of results and stats helps me formulate better play styles so i can get better at the game and at heroes im not the best at. I think these stats are important for people like me so i 100% agree

3 Likes

I put alot of hours in this game and what’s being show with my stats is false. Very upsetting and I take alot of pride in my stats too, I care. If all that’s gone I’m extremely frustrated and honestly mad.

7 Likes

This happened to me too! My Moira hours were 120, I checked my OW2 career profile, and she was down to 62?? Not to mention I’m missing hundreds of hours from D.Va, Pharah, Cassidy, and others collectively :frowning: I hope this gets resolved soon, stats mean a lot to me personally
Edit: not to mention that some of my heroes are completely untouched in terms of hours

7 Likes

Do you personally think it will get fixed? Really like some reassurance. I don’t see much reason of playing if my stats aren’t getting recorded.

4 Likes

I feel like they will eventually, there’s just so many issues with the game right now :frowning: maybe the next update will fix it

2 Likes

As long as my stats are accurate and true I’m happy. Has this ever happened in the past? Sorry if I’m asking a lot of questions this is just very upsetting to me

3 Likes

Same here! And don’t worry about it at all! :3 This hasn’t happened to me before, so this is a shock. I completely get it! I’ve been so bothered and upset since I found out, considering Moira is one of my most important mains

2 Likes

I noticed as soon as I played a game of Lucio in quick play my time for Lucio just reset in that mode. I had around 15 or so hours with Lucio in quick play and it disappeared after I played a match with him so kinda weird hopefully blizzard fixes this.

3 Likes

Very kind thank you. One more question, do we know when the next update is. I want to play but I feel like I shouldn’t cause nothing is getting tracked I believe (to me I see no point playing). Do you know if my games are still get tracked regardless of them showing up on my caeer profile or not?

2 Likes

I read some update stuff from Blizzard, all of the stats and other stuff are saved and archived, it’s just having trouble displaying it. They’re working on it right now but it might be a few days. I would just keep checking periodically. I’m personally gonna keep playing since it tracks all of it regardless.

4 Likes

like what article? and why cant they just let us know here? i even send a ticket 4 days ago and i dont get any response about this issue.

1 Like

Yea same they havent responded to my tickets i still have nothing so i really hope i get something back even a response even if it tells me to go f myself

1 Like

Career profile stats missing
I am an old user, the displayed usage time is not equal to the actual usage time, the hero usage time of my account is reduced and erased
The total number of wins and losses is also decreasing,Everything is decreasing,I hope this will be resolved soon

1 Like

Same problem here. I had over 600 hours with road hog which is now being displayed as 28 hours.

2 Likes

Same thing happened to me, i went to my profile to change my icon and the first thing I noticed was Ana was top on my most played heros. I main dva and have over 70+ hours on her and now when i look my most played hero is Ana with 7 hours and Dva only has 3 hours

2 Likes

Blizzard pls man i wanne enjoy the game so much but i cant when my profile is all messed up :frowning: pls we are asking for a week now to fix the career profile issues

1 Like