Losing display on Junkertown defence hero select screen

Since I moved to PC about a month ago, I’ve had a recurring issue when playing Overwatch, one that has cost me quite a bit of SR in competitive already.

About 50% of the time I load into the Junkertown defence hero select screen, my screen will go black, and my monitor will display a “no signal” message. My PC continues to run just fine but clicking buttons on my mouse or keyboard doesn’t do anything, and the computer doesn’t respond.

The only way to fix this issue is to shut down my PC by holding the power button down, and turning it back on.

This issue has persisted throughout both competitive, and quick play.

At first I assumed that this may be a hardware issue, but considering it only happens when playing Overwatch on the Junkertown defence hero select screen specifically, I’m starting to think otherwise.

I did attempt to uninstall and reinstall Overwatch, but to no avail.

If anybody could give me any suggestions on what could be causing this issue and how I would go about fixing it, it would be much appreciated.

The game itself cannot cause a monitor to lose signal from the GPU. You might be looking at a corrupted driver (clean install), corrupted game assets (scan/repair), or a faulty cable/port.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.