Los Angeles Valiant vs. San Francisco Shock - NOW LIVE

And thus Reaper is probably going to be tossed out the door…

1 Like

i hope next week the two dps bans are just reaper and doomfist so we can keep torb in

Anyone knows DUDUDUNGA?

Funny, as I read this, shock just headshot skp on tracer and he switched instantly.

Anyone know what the Paris map score was? I was busy getting snacks…

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s the turret so much as the Overload ability. He can pressure her with it. And her damage is trash against it. Sombra faces the same Torbjorn struggle.

Nah because the turret means they HAVE to run, or get heals. And with Moira/Lucio, the answer is run because no one can heal you.

2-1 Valiant.

/20chars

The turret isn’t that hard to handle. It gives good forewarning but there is a reason he wasn’t run pre-rework. Turret isn’t good enough

Before his turret had to be built up and he gave armor. Now he doesn’t give armor but his turret can be thrown and ignored. The turret puts pressure on flankers, similar to a brig stun.

Shock has this in the bag. No way they lose.

1 Like

The turret puts pressure but not a ton. Armor is much more impactful.

Choi boi

Just choi boi

1 Like

After Map 3

-
-
-
-

WATCH LIVE: YouTubeOverwatch League

Yeah but the way Torb gave armor SUCKED. Brig throws you armor and you can stay where you are, keep fighting, etc. With Torb you’d have to go back, get armor, then go back in. Torb was WAY too reliant on his turret to be decent back in the day: now his turret is just another cooldown to do some dmg and build molten core.

shock had 3 points in dorado btw

Torbjorn could give armor midfight. You didn’t have to do it that way, it was just the easiest way to ensure armor had the highest uptime.

He relied too much on his turret back then, and turret isn’t actually that good against flankers. It’s great for information but it’s more of an annoyance than real pressure.

What makes him so good is that Torbjorn himself is much more in the mix and able to keep up in the faces of anyone that tries to pressure his team thanks to Overload. Overload gives him survivability, speed, and completely dumpsters all the flankers damage against him.

His ult is also way better too.

Seeing Valiant getting rolled after the pain I had to endure today is a catharsis.

looool Lastro fine incoming

2 Likes

You know it’s bad when Super has to get onto somebody for language, ha.