Los Angeles Valiant vs. Guangzhou Charge - FINAL

Rio is just having a brilliant time, isn’t he?

The silence of the arena is staggering

1 Like

Who would have guessed at the end of the stage 4 there’d be a very high chance San Fran will get more wins in 2019 stage 1 than the 2 LA teams combined?

1 Like

At this point, I feel like I should preemptively apologize to Blizzard Entertainment, the Overwatch League, and Blizzard Arena staff…cos ticket sales are about to start dropping quite noticeably.

I imagine those PTR changes are gonna hit live servers as soon as possible.

Oh, its over now…

I don’t see the Valiant coming back from this.

Edit: Oof, you hate to see that when your the Valiant. 0 and 5…

After Map 3

-
-

WATCH LIVE: TwitchOverwatch LeagueMLGESPN3

Considering the Valiant has no matches in week 5 and now a two week break after that. They have plenty of time (25 days) now to start recruiting and getting new members on the roster for stage 2.

4 Likes

They better get some good ones then, or else Shanghai might have a buddy soon.

Yep they have too.

I just can’t see this roster getting anything going, whatever the meta is.

How do you prepare for Chengdu? All you know is it won’t be Goats.

Even when Baptiste is released, OWL wont have Baptiste until Stage 3… Because they need that time where the meta changes and people discover certain things,. also balancing issues that do happen over time on new characters…

Focus/solo ult Ameng and don’t be afraid to pull out the Ana. They almost always play Hammond-centric comps, often with DPS. They are also extremely aggressive and have a penchant for wasting ults, which works if the strat catches you off kilter but has a habit of biting them later on.

If that strat doesn’t work they resort to GOATs, and if you force them onto GOATs then you basically automatically win. Their GOATs sucks.

Okay here’s what Valla needs to do:

• Pick up Mangachu from Mayhem Academy
  • Pick up Logix from Montreal Rebellion
  • If they don’t want to play Custa anymore, pick up Luddee from Gladiators Legion

Custa is only away due to family issues… he will be back once that is done with.

Logix is a must for them though. He fills both the Widow and Tracer slot that Soon vacated, and he was arguably the best player in Contenders 2018 S3 playing Zarya

1 Like

I’m lowkey hoping Logix gets called up to TD since we lack that knockout hitscan player. Though it’s super unlikely since the team is an all KR squad (even if they are all serviceable at English…)

1 Like

So does Valiant’s, which is the problem. They’ll certainly need that prep because Chengdu have been picking off teams who are bad at goats.

Yeah. I’ve held that Chengdu is a litmus test team. If you fall to them, then your GOATs needs a lot of work. If you’re solid, then you’ll 4-0 without many issues.

Valiant isn’t great at GOATs but they’re a fair step up from the teams that have very plainly been avoiding playing it at all costs (Chengdu, Birdring-led London, Houston) and Washington’s.

Even some that are good at it. One of GZ’s losses came against Chengdu, and as they’ve shown today, they’re alright at GOATS