Lore Discussion- Is Sombra Bisexual?

I clarified earlier that I don’t think her colors are a reason why she’s bi. I meant it would be a cool tie in.

1 Like

I don’t believe there’s any evidence of Sombra’s sexuality in any direction. Why force a label onto her at all?

3 Likes

We’re just having some fun, nothing more

1 Like

I just don’t like people are reaching… so hard so a character they like is LGBT. there has been 0 lore about sombra even closely related to her sexual preference.

if there was something… like maybe a comics where she hangs out with a bunch of people (male and female) in a night club and things get “close” so yea fine you can have the “lore discussion” about her potentially being bi,

but there isn’t

4 Likes

Sombra has had zero hints in the lore to being bisexual? And saying her skins color scheme is like some sort of back up? You folks sure are grasping at straws here. You guys represent yourselfs more then enough with your constant stream of pointless questions asking about next gay character. When is next dwarf character? dwarves arent represented! torbjorn is in the game but he only represents engineer dwarves and not miner dwarves! and he is considered a throw pick and that hurts my dwarf feelings! Tracer has been meta since release, is the poster girl of the game, and is gay, but that really isnt enough representation? Im not saying gays are bad, but you guys are just making a terrible representation of the lgbt community.

It’s a friendly discussion, there’s no need to unload like that.

2 Likes

Sexuality is not lore. It’s a minor detail that isn’t relevant to a character’s overarching story.

3 Likes

I’d love to see Sombra ______________

Friendly reminder to everyone, let’s keep things nice! It’s okay to disagree, just don’t fight about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya, when this subject is discussed in terms of “Oh, I’m speculating on fictional characters because this is fun for me”, there’s no issue at all.

When people turn this subject into “We NEED LGBT heroes to “represent” us”, that’s when the subject dips into the mud. It also dips into the mud when people start DEMANDING that people not discuss something because it’s not relevant. This is the OW forums so things can very easily go that way, but speculation on a fictional characters orientation isn’t an issue in itself. It’s only made an issue when people start demanding things, attacking each other over it, ectect.

Sexual orientation is indeed irrelevant, but chatting about irrelevant things is fine, humans do it all the time. Also, pretty much everything is irrelevant to some degree, it all depends on the context and how you want to define that.

The OP has said multiple times that this is just a friendly discussion, so the tone has been set. He/she isn’t DEMANDING anything from anyone, so, there’s no logical basis to get upset over this other than if you’re simply wanting to crush other peoples interests or prevent them from having fun.

At the end of the day, what the author wants is what goes but even so, fans can speculate or even create their own ideas about the heroes. Fiction is a canvas, and there’s no rules saying that you can’t add paint to the canvas, as long as you’re not demanding that you can add paint to other peoples canvases, or accept your canvas as the only valid one, and that’s not what’s going on here.

Anyway, this subject will be dragged into the mud, but this isn’t the fault of the OP. I’ve seen toxic threads created around LGTB subjects before and this isn’t one of them, unless people force it that way.

1 Like

There is a point where we needed to stop and we have clearly passed it

1 Like

Well said!! Positivity is hard to come across here, and that’s the goal with this post!

Lore is anything pertaining to the background of the characters and information pertaining to the story.

Sorry. Sexuality is Lore.

And straight people say that she’s not gay purely because her and McCree happened to be in the same bar.

3 Likes

Sexaulity might be lore, but its like tomatoes being a fruit. It might be a fruit, but you wouldnt put it in a fruit salad.

You poor, brave soul. I can’t, nor can anyone else, imagine what it must be like to be excluded because of your sexuality. I’ll call lifetime so we can get a sad biopic lined up detailing the innumerable and immense hardships heteros must endure :sob::sob::cry::disappointed_relieved:

1 Like

… you don’t put tomato in fruit salad?

That’s a huge leap. Let’s not compare LGBT people to those people. Thanks!

6 Likes

thats literally violating the code of conduct. If i made that post but replaced all your terms for being straight with a term for being gay, i would be suspended.

1 Like

Please don’t argue here! Try to keep things positive :slight_smile:

What do you mean? I’m just emphasizing with clearly the most discriminated group in modern society; the straight