Lootbox revert?

I’ve been getting dupes since January and when i submitted it to bug report was told it is normal because lootboxes are randomly generated

I’m also getting all dupes. Not a single Wrecking Ball item.

Edit: I should specify that this is on an account that has all other lootbox items already.

Edit 2: I actually think there is a chance that Wrecking Ball items are not dropping in regular loot boxes. Has anyone seen any items for him outside of twitch crates that only drop his items?

Edit 3: Opened 50 boxes and got 4 items for him. That’s definitely a departure from when the last few heroes have come out, when I would open 20 boxes and get almost all of their items from that alone.

So getting 4 duplicates in a box containing 3 whites and a blue, when I only own one Hammond item… there’s something wrong, no?

I agree something is wrong. Just got a box 2 minutes ago. 4 dupes: 1 rare, 2 common, 1 legendary. I know I don’t have all the legendaries, and zero Wrecking Ball.

They are random but it will try to give you less dupes. So if your box rolled 2 white, a blue and a purple, it will try to give you an item of that rarity that you don’t have. So if you have all the whites, both of your whites will be duplicates, but if you don’t have all the blues or purples, neither of those will be duplicates. Hope that made sense. The chances of getting certain rarities haven’t changed, but you will receive less dupes of a rarity so long as there are still items to collect for that rarity.

It’s fixed now, i had the message for new Overwatch version, after relog i got Hammond items. Thank you Devs for your hard work and solution. :heart_eyes:

Well, lots of us leveled up and got no hammond items. A nice solution would be to give us a few hammond boxes for this mistake

I get dupes all the time the crusader skin was my first non dupe in like a month.

Yeah I just checked it’s working again. It does make me think, if it was that easy to fix a bug (without a patch), it leads me to believe that it’s actually just a background script so maybe it was intentionally changed…

I have literally every grey and blue item (except Wrecking Ball of course), so when I opened my first box just a while ago I expected to get Wrecking Ball items. I got all dupes… 3 duplicate greys and a duplicate epic. WTF?

The only things I have are the free Seoul Dynasty skin I got and his pixel spray from the achievement.

For the past few days (before patch day today) I’ve noticed by my past few loot boxes have been all dupes (save for one new item). I by no means have everything unlocked either.

Only opened one post-patch box and it had the first duplicate legendary that I can remember getting since the change.

Restart the game again. The bug was resolved : I got new tags and skins

I mean they kinda have. they changed a few numbers on heroes then changed it back.

You get coins for dupes, but you don’t get the “stack of coins”.

Also the loot bug has been confirmed, and you’ll be compensated if you’ve been hit with it.

1 Like

I have barely any cosmetics, I think I have about 500 sprays to go, at least :slight_smile:

You all may want to check this:

1 Like

wow, that’s pretty amazing. good job, blizzard!

Are you sure about that? if PTR changes go through, then it will be a Mercy HPS Revert > shocker I know. Let’s see if they reduce her healing to 50.99 HPS just to ensure the “No Revert” Meme stands :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

opened 12 loot boxes, not 1 new item.