Lootbox revert?

Hello, something is up with lootboxes, basically I am getting dupes again even if I still have items to unlock - I still have epics to unlock yet I get epic duplicate, it was DEFINITELY not like that before the update. What’s up?

To clarify - I still have NON-EVENT ITEMS to unlock - epics and legendaries. And I still got an epic duplicate.

EDIT: Blizzard solved this already, thanks Blizz!

22 Likes

you have all non event items (not all epic/leg ofc)

1 Like

this has been happening to me too… i’ve never gotten dupes only up until recently…

what’s going on?

6 Likes

I just said I still have epic items to unlock. Only non-event ones.

I just got 4 dupes and no wrecking ball items. Really sucks.

7 Likes

This is completely normal once you’ve gotten all the common items. you still only have a small percentage chance to get X epic unlock, that doesn’t change. You don’t suddenly have a better chance of getting something because you have collected a lot of other things. It is purely random.

1 Like

haha they don’t revert anything.

6 Likes

What I am trying to say is that it was literally impossible to get epic duplicate if there is at least one more epic for you to unlock. I am talking about non-event boxes and non-event items.

1 Like

Nope,its not normal. Either they changed something or it is a bug(i think its a bug)

4 Likes

Fellow Mercy player I see.

1 Like

Ha ha ha… Look at all of these pre-loaded responses that people just type up if they see someone complaining about loot-boxes. It is so crazy that they did not even read the original post. I would need to test on my smurf to see if there was a revert; however, I definitely agree with you, over HUNDREDS of boxes, I have NEVER gotten a duplicate unless I owned everything.

1 Like

I’ve only been getting dupes too, I don’t have any of Hammond’s cosmetics

8 Likes

Thank you, basically I opened two boxes - one was full of dupes even though I was supposed to get WB items - sprays/voice lines and one blue item.

Second box - 4 dupes, one of them epic dupe even though I still have at least 30 epics to unlock.

1 Like

Same here I still don’t have any Hammond cosmetics but I opened a duplicate legendary skin for soldier.

3 Likes

Yeah I have a gold border so needless to say I should be getting all Hammond loot at this point, just like I did with Brigitte. But nope, two lootboxes, all full of dupes.

7 Likes

It is weighted in your favor, but not guaranteed to always be a new drop (even if you are missing a lot from that tier).

I’ve been trying to raise attention for 2 weeks. This bug (I hope its a bug otherwise its a moon sized middle finger) was on PTR.
I got 2 lootboxes after 1.26 (hammond patch) went live. Both contained only duplicates. Not a single new item when obviously I have a full stock of hammond’s items to unlock.

I was under the impression that dupes were replaced with gold coins…
is that incorrect?

I got common dupes even tho I miss all hammond’s common items.
thats weird
(I have all non event commons and rares)

Wrong. It was guaranteed up until now.

4 Likes