Looking to buy an new graphics card

• Windows 10 64bit
  • Intel Core i5-7400 @3.00GHz
  • RAM: 24 GB
  • GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
  • Monitor: Acer xf270h
    I also don’t have an SSD

this is my system now

I can only get about 110 frames per second (in heavy team fights) with this. I want 144 or more (in heavy team fights.) I’ve been told that my GPU is the bottle neck. So what graphics card should I buy. Budget isn’t an issue, thanks.

WM’s post has this

but he also says to have an i7. I don’t think I want a whole new computer. Anyway, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully I’ll be playing at 144fps soon :slight_smile:

Uh… no. I have a 1060 3gb and play on 144hz and get fine FPS, around 170/180 and I play on high settings with some alterations. this game is fairly CPU intensive so just get a 4.0 ghz cpu and you’ll be fine to play at 144hz.

1 Like

Don’t know nothing about PC stuff but I just found this on the web, hope it helps.

1 Like

What graphics settings do you play at? 110 fps seems too low with this GPU.

1 Like

Your performance seems a bit on the lower side. When was the last time you performed a clean install and some basic maintenance?

It isn’t. It’s a perfectly fine combo.

If you’re looking to upgrade, should check your PSU, they’re commonly the limitation in these situations (more powerful GPU usually means higher power consumption).

If possible, I would suggest the 5700 XT, but those come expensive I’m afraid.

1 Like

Your CPU is probably holding you back if you are playing at low settings. During gaming what is your CPU/GPU usage?

(use something like Afterburner’s OSD display for this, don’t use task manager - it is trash for GPU usage especially)

1 Like

Buy the 2060, this is an excellent card and a good deal regarding the ratio price/performance

1 Like

I play at the lowest graphic settings.

basically I followed what WM said. everything is set to the lowest 100% rendering scale.

I just updated my GPU driver and it’s working a little better now, but I still can’t maintain 144fps in heavy team fights.

Better upgrading your cpu imo. i5 at 3GHz?.. is underwhelming. Have you tried overclocking?

1 Like

I’m not going to do that. It’s dangerous. I’ll take the low fps instead of overclocking.

Get RX 5700 XT cheap and powerful

1 Like

set 75% renderscale until you have it solved. but yeah maybe cpu holding you back atm. i have 1080ti. most all maps from 240-300fps

100% renderscale. but set it to 75 it would help you alot

1 Like

Just play on Low you should get pretty steady 144fps

1 Like

Locked CPU.

1 Like

tell me later how 75% renderscale worked out for you

1 Like

Your gpu isn’t bad at all and that pc should be enough for holding 144fps in OW. What graphic settings/resolution are you using?

1 Like

Then it’s the CPU which is the bottleneck, your GPU is capable of much higher FPS at these settings.

1 Like

well how much is a new CPU? I was looking to spend about $300 on a GPU

I don’t know much about this stuff, thanks.

Before replacing your CPU, (which may also involve replacing your motherboard, depending on what you go to), I would check your power supply as an earlier poster mentioned, and also check your temperatures.

It is possible that your equipment is slowing itself down due to not being able to draw enough power (although the result of running out of power is more usually system instability), or due to being overheated (which is a common and unappreciated cause of slow systems). So don’t make an expensive upgrade before double-checking that you aren’t better served with a cheap upgrade (like a couple of new case fans).

I think it likely is your cpu, but it’s definitely better to be sure before spending the money.

2 Likes

That graphics card can easily do 144 on low settings. It’s your CPU that needs to be upgraded.

1 Like