Look, Sym changing to a Healer isn't as bad as it sounds. (It's better)

Back when Sym was a support she didn’t exactly get a high pick-rate because while teleporter was arguably one of the better ults in the game for Point 1 Defence.

She was still useless everywhere else, and she didn’t provide enough utility as a support to warrant having her over Lucio or Zenyatta, who have strong base kits and more reactive ults.

Much like Mercy’s Mass Rez, it was entirely reactive, but the main difference is that it has that crucial respawn delay, great if you managed to wear down the enemy team and there’s a lone Lucio trying to cap, or perhaps if you can hold the enemy team off long enough it can perhaps give you a substantial advantage when a Reaper with his blossom respawns and he can flank and ult easily.

But otherwise, if Symmetra’s team can’t stop the first push sucessfully, she was basically a waste of ult charge because her lacklustre ult has 0 offensive use and on point 2 defence it was less than useless, as you could be charging a much more useful ult, like mass rez or trans.

Shield Generator remedied those issues a little, but her kit in general had very little to do with supporting, and so, finds herself more at home with heroes who deal damage.

There's a second opinion for you.

A majority you say? Nah, it seems pretty half n half. Personally don’t think she needs another rework, just revert some of the nerfs they gave her.

There should definitely be more variety in support but they should have pushed more for a healer Sym during 2.0.

Also, don’t forget, the Devs never tried throwable healing turrets.

Tbh I don’t want sym in supports because that will just give blizz another excuse to not add a new support for ages and I don’t want that

In AMA they said that they actually tried healing turrets, new support abilities and a total support sym but it just didn’t work because it was either very good or very bad. They couldn’t get a middle ground for it

Yes. But they never tried it with her new turrets.

Not this one. I’m talking about the Reddit AMA and they mentioned what stuff they tried. You can check it out if your interested

Yes. But they were talking about this. Some of the quotes are word for word the same.

Its better than keeping her an f tier dps hero tbh.

I find it a bit weird. When I was low level, Sym, Torb, Batsion, Reaper - that was my way to start with dps, before I finaly picked some hitscan. I would say, that starting as Sym was best if it comes to dps. It´s cool to have this “no skill trash picks” for such starts. But whatever, I want a new support finaly, so I am just curious…

Symmetra has a healer would be a great alternative to Lucio
If you want to move your team, you can choose speed boost or teleportation

Do you have any evidence to back up this claim of yours?

2 Likes

it’s 50-50 if anything

You do know what the words “We will re-try her as a healer in the future” means right?

Zarya would make more sense as a healer than Symmetra does - her bubbles could heal the target in addition to shield them. She also has twice the shield health Symm does.

Winston could be a healer, too: every friendly hero within his bubble could heal up.

How about Torbjörn? He gave out armor packs previously, we could bring that back. Or have his turret have a healing aura like the payload does.

Or Bob: in addition to shooting enemies he could drop health packs like Santa Claus.

Why is it always Symmetra who gets mangled into these healer fantasies, why can’t other heroes participate in the “fun”?

Well Sombra is also being tried.

If this was a FF14 raid, you just look at the other healer, ayylmao.

This is a ref to DBZ Abridged.

How I miss the days…

Yes but what does that have to do with what I said? I am pro Symmetra as a healer.