Located in LA but Connecting to Brazil Server

I just spent 25 minutes i_imgur_com/5oTuSKT_png in queue to find a competitive match, only to be grouped with 11 other players who spoke a different language (they spoke Spanish) and were ranked as low as bronze. My sr is at 2850, so how can the matchmaker have so much trouble finding players at my skill, plus I can’t even group with a bronze player so why are we being put on the same team? I’ve played three matches tonight and they all had similar queue times and groups of players.

The longest queue time I’ve ever had was 6 minutes or so. I know it’s late night / early morning but I have never seen anything like this before, even at this time. Maybe the servers are having issues but I have had the Warning: Long Wait to Find a Fair Match over the past few evenings.

Not to mention the team comp [Bastion, Genji, McCree, Soldier 76, Tracer, Ana(me)]. What is going on with this game?

1 Like

I haven’t experienced the long wait but I experienced something similar on console, I was queueing with a 24xx account, and ended up with bronze/ silver teammates, even though I was playing during the weekend. It actually happened twice.

1 Like

This is a pretty extreme outlier. I’ve never had a queue over 10 minutes, even during my 1-6am play sessions. I would have just given up after it ticked over 10 lol. May I ask what time and what day you were playing?

1 Like

After some digging I discovered that I am connecting to a Brazil server.

What is going on? I use my cellphone as a hotspot and haven’t had any issues like this before. I usually have a ping around 80, which isn’t the greatest but it’s ok. My IP is showing in TX, which is close enough to where I am (LA). Why am I being directed to a server in Brazil?

1 Like

Maybe post this in the technical support forums.

Im surprised. I play on the

WORST OW SERVERS ON THE PLANET
PLAYSTATION EUROPE & MIDDLE EAST

What happens there is simple:

• English Communication almost 0 especially with Arabic and some E. Europeans
  • 50% are underage ( console is a 6 years old’s gift)

However I never waited more than 6min usually I wait 4-5min.
Your issue with MIXED ranks happens to me when I play " unnatural " hours mostly 0400- 0800 in the morning

I moved this to Technical Support after speaking with a chat agent. They had me run a TraceRt to the Brazil and US West servers. The agent informed me that the issue is between Sprint (my ISP) and another entity and that the issue is being look into on the “back-end”.

I tried resetting my phone (USB Tether) and flushing my DNS, but it didn’t help. Guess I’ll just have to wait this out. :unamused:

I’m going to take a random guess and say you are Canadian? All canadians from sask to the east are experiencing the same issue, comment on this thread to show blizzard we have a say in this problem. Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency - #21 by MrPinky-1305

No, I’m in Louisiana (LA). I’ve been reading posts and apparently this is a frequent problem. Now that I think about it, I have had this happen before (high ping and everyone speaking Spanish) but never really thought much of it.

welp, countless amounts of people are experiencing the same thing as us… Mostly canadians, but there are a lot of (LA) people who are experiencing the same aswell, reply to this thread Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency - #51

1 Like

Heck Im from California and Im getting connection issues as well. Never have had this before. Its really frustrating for a game I like so much.
Jump from ~35ms to 200+ms

1 Like

They are speaking Portuguese is my guess. I am having this issue in Connecticut and it appears it is fairly widespread across NA.
Add to this thread for a chance at getting someone to notice: Canadians are getting a huge spike in Latency

I have sat in queue for 20 mins plus without finding a game. Reported this to support and they were very unhelpful. I am 25xx SR, on Xbox in Los Angeles

Same boat as you. I want to jump off a building I need my daily overwatch fix and Ive been trying to amend this issue for hours

Got a response saying that it might be linked to School Networks: I'm only connecting to Brazil servers from NA