Loading time for competitive

Blizzard confirmed the reason for slower loading screens during competitive is to give everyone the same chance of picking hero. This also means if you install Overwatch on a USB-stick with version 1.0 if will load the game “forever” for all 12 players.

I simply think this is collective punishment. What is the reason you did this? What is the reason to upgrade to an M.2 disk if it doesn’t even reward you for it (in OW)? And why not give everyone the lower FPS for the same reason? “lowest player FPS = 30”, everyone gets 30.

Not everyone can afford an SSD. It just gives players that use hard drives an equal shot at instalocking their mains before someone else yoinks it because they had a better PC.

And also, the amount of time it takes to load in is consistent. It isn’t affected by anyone who has OW loaded on a flash drive. It ends after the little competitive jingle is over.

Why not give everyone 30 FPS lock then? If the reason is “Everyone can not afford a RTX2080”

1 Like

OH you think this is bad, try playing Rainbow six siege, basically 5x longer load times caused by potato PC’s, OW load times are short as hell in comparison.

I didn’t say I agreed with it. However, I think this is a more harmless way of evening the playing field. Having a better PC should only give you an advantage in the actual game not the menus. Is it that much of a hassle to wait a couple more seconds?

I keep worrying my internet is dying, lmao

Yes it is, it’s annoying, especially since you know it’s working as intended, eg created delay.

I have the game on SSD for faster loading time and now they do this.

Horrible band aid for lack of role queue. What’s next ? Lock the game at 30 fps because someone plays on i3 laptop ?

1 Like

not everyone can afford 144hz monitor and rig for it. So let’s force everyone play in 900p 30fps

1 Like

Sorry but this is pathetic.

Lets nerf SSD users because others don’t have SSD’s.

What a stupid idea. Whoever thought of that probably runs an FX8350 with geforce fx 5500 and 128mb ram.

Not impressed with this at all.

This is PC. Not console. Not everyone has identical hardware.

1 Like