Literal Bias Towards Mercy. (PLEASE READ)

You are dodging my question mate. :rofl:

Because having a good, consistent aim is a skill. One you have to work for. Because mechanical skill acts as a check/variable. It’s not 100% consistent.

1 Like

I’m not dodging, you’re dodging, I answered it with the obvious answer. You seem to think aim isn’t something that can be mastered, that it only ever involves luck. That’s not balance.

1 Like

Just so we are clear, you are in fact also saying Winston deserves to be trash compared to someone like Orisa or Hammond.

3 Likes

But he doesn’t require mechanical skill, thus he should be worse!

Do you even play Rein do even talk about him? he literally suffers from major game breaking glitches, beeing constantly stunned and thrown around by everyone while Mercy don’t even have problems like that and imo even if Rein doesn’t take as much as mechanical skill as Wrecking ball he still needs tons and tons of skill while Mercy… won’t say it is easy but also isn’t half as hard as people say.

1 Like

The lack of self-awareness is astounding. :rofl:

Never claimed anything like that.

Nice try all in all, but I’ve refuted all your claims to my satisfaction.

Never claimed such a thing.

You are inaugurating, you willfully ignore my argument. I’m out, good bye.

3 Likes

Oh, but you in fact did claim EXACTLY that. You just didn’t think enough about what you wrote when you posted it, and since you’re so completely absorbed in your prejudice against everything that Mercy is, you failed to look at any other situations that may also fit within the specific way you slandered Mercy.

1 Like

If it was so easy to get to masters with 60hps Mercy why were there still so many Mercy mains in Diamond and below? I’m for the changes, just thought I’d drop in and mention that.

1 Like

Healing output my friend, healing output. Do I need to spell everything for you.

No, I’m actually very specific in my definitions and the context in which I say things which is why you guys struggle so much with me. :rofl:

Hahahha, thanks for entertaining me with such an emotionally charged and expressive statement. Unfortunately, for you I actually also play and like Mercy.

Slandered Mercy, ahahahhaahha.

Nice try mate, but like I said - I’m very specific with what I say and in what context. You guys however seem to love taking my statements out of that context so you can “defeat” an argument I never made.

There are Mercy mains in bronze and silver that doesn’t change the fact that the SR abuse was real and documented.

I feel this video is in a sense is the problem

1 Like

Firstly, moderators can tell the difference between someone who genuinely breaks CoC and someone who gets false reported. Stop undermining the moderators? Secondly, the heaping pile of rubbish that was the gatekeeping thread got checked by the moderators and was clean. He got suspended for being toxic towards Mercy mains in a different thread. With that in mind, anything he says now is honestly just fluff. Clearly, the devs also think he is toxic. Thirdly, you quite literally cannot prove that we are false flagging anything. Since I’m in the discord, I can tell you now that we don’t do such petty things. Until you have sufficient evidence, It’s my word against yours and I just so happen to be in the discord you keep referring to.

SR abuse will always be a thing though.

During dive meta mediocre D.va and Winston mains were able to climb hundreds of SR. I had a friend who was a 2800 Genji main or something but then when dive meta came around he played Winston in a 4 stack and got to masters in like 4 weeks. I myself was able to climb like ~400 total sr as D.va even though I’m not great as her, you just follow your Winston and spam matrix right?

During the Junkrat meta Junkrat mains were also able to climb lots of sr with not much ‘real mechanical skill’. Now that Junkrat isn’t very meta its left many Junkrat one tricks in tiers way above what they should be if they were to play other heroes, struggling to win, I have several people on my friends list in this situation.

During season 10 before Brigitte was fine tuned Brig one tricks were able to climb hundreds of SR, which was helped by the brawlier meta at the time (Rein, Zarya, Hanzo).

SR ‘abuse’ will always be a thing, it’s not just a Mercy specific phenomenon. Mercy was just like this for longer. The problem Mercy mains have now is not that they can’t one trick her to masters and gain crazy amounts of SR, it’s that they can barely maintain their SR with her. I’m not exactly for one tricking, but you should in theory be able to at least maintain your SR with one hero, even if you can’t climb.

3 Likes

You literally didn’t say anything about this being limited only to “healing output” then proceed claim to be extremely specific when my entire calling you out is based on the literal words you posted.

If you’re holding the balance consideration of mechanical skill requirements in order to be acceptably capable to only healers, then that is prejudice; applying different criteria against a certain population or group purely based on superficial identifiers. You literally have 2 choices in regards to your initial post:

1. You believe Winston who requires no mechanical skill (even less than Mercy even) should be worse than heros like Hammond and Orisa who do.

2. You are prejudiced against Mercy (and we can probably also throw Brig in here too since she doesn’t require mechanical aim either).

That is based on the literal words you posted. Not me, you.

2 Likes

I’m frankly fine with Ana being more powerful and having a higher winrate than Mercy at GM and Master, and perhaps even Diamond even though it should be getting a lot closer there. Mercy has a low skill-ceiling and until that is raised then Ana should be getting more from her kit in the hands of really skilled users. I do wish that Mercy’s skill-ceiling was raised though…

That, however, is not where I think Mercy’s problem lie. I simply think they have gradually nerfed her without keeping enjoyment into account, which has left Mercy boring and unengaging. Fun is subjective, but to me personally she was ruined when the enjoyment I got from playing Mercy no longer outweighed the energy drain I got from insults and toxicity just for playing Mercy.

4 Likes

Thanks for the highly informative video, enjoyed it a lot.

Not undermining the moderators at all. :grinning: If you’ve been actually paying attention you would know it was moderator that looked at the evidence and removed my silence for being falsely accused of a “real life threat” by your little sub-group.

Of course, it was. Nice try with the false reports though. :rofl:

That’s how I treat 99.9% of your posts but you keep coming back for more love :heart_eyes:

Not in the way Mercies did using mass rez.

Anecdotal evidence to be honest but even if I do take it seriously it’s still better than pressing Q. Dive required skill and a lot of communication to perform well. Pressing Q on point, not so much.

Junkrat could be countered, it also didn’t last long at all. Mass rez, not so much.

I have yet to see evidence of this myth of silver players going to masters in weeks. :rofl:

Regardless, everything pales to gaining massive amounts of SR by just pressing a button.

One-tricking is bad period.

You need to re-read OP original post then. Yaaawn, it’s pretty clear for anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension I mean healing output. I wouldn’t be comparing friggin Mercy’s DPS capabilities compared to Ana, you are getting ridiculous at this point. :joy: Check context amigo.

Comparing tanks to supports is a false analogy. Making an analogy between the interaction between Winston and Orisa and Mercy and Ana is a false parallel.

If you’ve been paying attention you would know I’m actually pro-Brigitte and I don’t think she is OP. In fact, the same place where Mercy was blatantly OP and a must pick for 7 months - guess what, vanilla Brigitte was not a must pick in OWL.

You guys should give up using this silly strat over and over, stop taking statements out of my specific context and trying to apply them in general so you can “defeat” an argument I never make. It’s getting boring at this point.

A sensible opinion.

Wait, are you mad at Mercy players climbing with pre-rework Mercy with mass ress, or post-rework Mercy with Valkyrie and rez on e…? I thought this thread was about Valkyrie Mercy. Mercy mains only really started climbing loads with rez-on-e Mercy.

1 Like

That means you weren’t around for the SR abuse during the Hide&Mass Rez era.

insinuates that they can’t differntiate between false flagging and genuine CoC breakers.

Wanna know who silenced you in the first place?

Keep saying something you can’t prove.

Same here. Fortunately, I don’t ever do this with anyone else since it puts a hinder on actual discussions.

I joined in season 4 when Mercy still had mass rez. But at that time Ana was definitely the most picked in top tiers and pro play, some people lowkey thought Mercy was a throw pick in GM. Ana as a main healer or Lucio + Zen together were much preferred.

I’m not advocating for mass rez, it was unhealthy. But mass rez didn’t artificially boost Mercy mains, the majority of boosting was just after the rework when rez-on-e was instant.