Literal Bias Towards Mercy. (PLEASE READ)

SR abuse will always be a thing though.

During dive meta mediocre D.va and Winston mains were able to climb hundreds of SR. I had a friend who was a 2800 Genji main or something but then when dive meta came around he played Winston in a 4 stack and got to masters in like 4 weeks. I myself was able to climb like ~400 total sr as D.va even though I’m not great as her, you just follow your Winston and spam matrix right?

During the Junkrat meta Junkrat mains were also able to climb lots of sr with not much ‘real mechanical skill’. Now that Junkrat isn’t very meta its left many Junkrat one tricks in tiers way above what they should be if they were to play other heroes, struggling to win, I have several people on my friends list in this situation.

During season 10 before Brigitte was fine tuned Brig one tricks were able to climb hundreds of SR, which was helped by the brawlier meta at the time (Rein, Zarya, Hanzo).

SR ‘abuse’ will always be a thing, it’s not just a Mercy specific phenomenon. Mercy was just like this for longer. The problem Mercy mains have now is not that they can’t one trick her to masters and gain crazy amounts of SR, it’s that they can barely maintain their SR with her. I’m not exactly for one tricking, but you should in theory be able to at least maintain your SR with one hero, even if you can’t climb.

3 Likes

You literally didn’t say anything about this being limited only to “healing output” then proceed claim to be extremely specific when my entire calling you out is based on the literal words you posted.

If you’re holding the balance consideration of mechanical skill requirements in order to be acceptably capable to only healers, then that is prejudice; applying different criteria against a certain population or group purely based on superficial identifiers. You literally have 2 choices in regards to your initial post:

1. You believe Winston who requires no mechanical skill (even less than Mercy even) should be worse than heros like Hammond and Orisa who do.

2. You are prejudiced against Mercy (and we can probably also throw Brig in here too since she doesn’t require mechanical aim either).

That is based on the literal words you posted. Not me, you.

2 Likes

I’m frankly fine with Ana being more powerful and having a higher winrate than Mercy at GM and Master, and perhaps even Diamond even though it should be getting a lot closer there. Mercy has a low skill-ceiling and until that is raised then Ana should be getting more from her kit in the hands of really skilled users. I do wish that Mercy’s skill-ceiling was raised though…

That, however, is not where I think Mercy’s problem lie. I simply think they have gradually nerfed her without keeping enjoyment into account, which has left Mercy boring and unengaging. Fun is subjective, but to me personally she was ruined when the enjoyment I got from playing Mercy no longer outweighed the energy drain I got from insults and toxicity just for playing Mercy.

4 Likes

Thanks for the highly informative video, enjoyed it a lot.

Not undermining the moderators at all. :grinning: If you’ve been actually paying attention you would know it was moderator that looked at the evidence and removed my silence for being falsely accused of a “real life threat” by your little sub-group.

Of course, it was. Nice try with the false reports though. :rofl:

That’s how I treat 99.9% of your posts but you keep coming back for more love :heart_eyes:

Not in the way Mercies did using mass rez.

Anecdotal evidence to be honest but even if I do take it seriously it’s still better than pressing Q. Dive required skill and a lot of communication to perform well. Pressing Q on point, not so much.

Junkrat could be countered, it also didn’t last long at all. Mass rez, not so much.

I have yet to see evidence of this myth of silver players going to masters in weeks. :rofl:

Regardless, everything pales to gaining massive amounts of SR by just pressing a button.

One-tricking is bad period.

You need to re-read OP original post then. Yaaawn, it’s pretty clear for anyone with a modicum of reading comprehension I mean healing output. I wouldn’t be comparing friggin Mercy’s DPS capabilities compared to Ana, you are getting ridiculous at this point. :joy: Check context amigo.

Comparing tanks to supports is a false analogy. Making an analogy between the interaction between Winston and Orisa and Mercy and Ana is a false parallel.

If you’ve been paying attention you would know I’m actually pro-Brigitte and I don’t think she is OP. In fact, the same place where Mercy was blatantly OP and a must pick for 7 months - guess what, vanilla Brigitte was not a must pick in OWL.

You guys should give up using this silly strat over and over, stop taking statements out of my specific context and trying to apply them in general so you can “defeat” an argument I never make. It’s getting boring at this point.

A sensible opinion.

Wait, are you mad at Mercy players climbing with pre-rework Mercy with mass ress, or post-rework Mercy with Valkyrie and rez on e…? I thought this thread was about Valkyrie Mercy. Mercy mains only really started climbing loads with rez-on-e Mercy.

1 Like

That means you weren’t around for the SR abuse during the Hide&Mass Rez era.

insinuates that they can’t differntiate between false flagging and genuine CoC breakers.

Wanna know who silenced you in the first place?

Keep saying something you can’t prove.

Same here. Fortunately, I don’t ever do this with anyone else since it puts a hinder on actual discussions.

I joined in season 4 when Mercy still had mass rez. But at that time Ana was definitely the most picked in top tiers and pro play, some people lowkey thought Mercy was a throw pick in GM. Ana as a main healer or Lucio + Zen together were much preferred.

I’m not advocating for mass rez, it was unhealthy. But mass rez didn’t artificially boost Mercy mains, the majority of boosting was just after the rework when rez-on-e was instant.

Climbed to super high GM after the rework. People still try to say that she was reworked for balance purposes. :joy:

1 Like

I think you have to factor in that there are so many people who never show up on the forums or even pay attention to these things. The first year I played the game I didn’t even know there were patch notes or anything like that, I just logged in and played. So for her to have such a sharp statistical drop, you can’t just say ‘well the people complaining aren’t playing her anymore’, because statistically it’d be really difficult to show a rise or fall in a characters stats just based on the ruckus in the forums.

(Basically, I know the forum folk are only like a small portion of the actual game players, so it’s a pretty big change, that means that actual players who have no idea changes were even made are probably feeling a difference and avoiding her as a character now. It won’t account for all of the stat drop, but at least a portion of it.)

Yeah, reworked Mercy was much more overpowered than mass rez Mercy (again, not insinuating that mass rez Mercy was healthy either, don’t attack me).

I won’t. At least you’re not stating an opinion as a fact.

She really is, and I miss Mas Res Mercy. At least she was impactful to play and also I could fecking kill her. These days it’s almost impossible to kill a Mercy after the first 30 seconds of the game because she’s always got Valk in her back pocket, and I can’t kill that fecking fairy monster.

1 Like

Clearly they can tell. That’s why the Gatekeeping thread survived all the false reports of your sub-group. :wink:

The system? I got a system message my account was on hold and silenced until a moderator reviewed all the evidence from what I recall. I appealed it immediately and got in touch with a moderator who reviewed the evidence and removed the silence.

I can’t prove it was falsely-flagged? :rofl: Cause it definitely was flagged and hidden until a moderator cleared it.

Oh, I know :grinning: I enjoy having a fan to follow me around in every thread and comment on everything I comment :heart:

I think they should’ve just capped mass rez at 3 and given it a cast time with line of sight.

That way it can win a teamfight going awry if she gets it off, but it can still be countered (directly by a stun/killing her, but perhaps she gets booped away from most of the corpses and only rezes one). That would also limit her ability to completely change a fight by rezzing all 5 teammates, but still be impactful, and encourage using it when one of the allies alive is one that can protect her during rez.

This is well-documented, you should look it up.

Completely missed the point I was making…

Damn, you get silenced for false flags? I just thought that the system only silences you if you say something specific that is definitely not allowed. Meh, I wouldn’t know since that never happens to me. My bad then.

That was obvious. Now prove the second part of what you said:

Either you’re talking about me or the sub-group you keep referring to. Pick one and provide evidence accordingly.

Oof, so arrogant.

1 Like

Whoa, there buddy. I thought you hated assumptions.

I don’t main Mercy, and I don’t one-trick.

I do, however, support breast cancer charities.

Glad we agree.

I love the circular reasoning here. The rework exists therefore the rework exists therefore the rework exists.

If you think patching their own game has any liability for a lawsuit, I’m not the person who fails to understand how PR works.

And you still didn’t answer my question. Who would sue?

1 Like

Point to where you literally state this requirement for mecahnics in order to be good applies only to healers. You yourself said you are extremely clear about what you mean and to stop implying things you don’t write, so I am not implying ANYTHING and taking it LITERALLY word for word exactly as you wrote it.

“You cannot have a hero that requires no mechanical skill whatsoever have the same (or actually higher) output as a hero that requires quite a lot of mechanical skill.” That is the exact set of words YOU wrote. That implies that the same consideration applies to ALL heros. Including tanks, including DPS by your own words. Not mine. Yours. That you repeatedly are claiming you didn’t mean or didn’t actually say. It’s not like I expect anything from you since you are chronically defaming Mercy players and anyone who plays her in pretty much every thread that occurs, but I’m not going to let you act like you didn’t just claim literally “any hero” without mechanical skill requirements should be lesser than those with it.

Mercy has a pistol that is projectile based and is very similar to hitting shots with as hip firing with Ana or shooting with Orisa in general. I’d know this because I have an exceptionally high accuracy on Ana, Orisa, and on Mercy. (Also on multiple other projectile based heros for what its worth, but those are all that matter here right now.)

Yup, slightly inconvenient but oh well.

You know full well who am I referring to, we’ve been doing that tango for awhile now. :kissing_heart:

But you love every minute of it clearly because you keep coming back for more :heart_eyes:

That’s why I said OR :rofl: Bottom line, the devs are definitely more competent than you.

Nothing circular about it. A sizable portion of the community thinks something is unhealthy, most of the Pros agree, the devs agree with it based on all their data, mass Rez is gone. Nothing circular about it.

That’s not what I’m saying but nice try to twist my argument. Anyway, you clearly got nada and I’ve refuted everything else you’ve said so moooving right along.

Here’s the next hero in this ballad:

Literally, in the sentence above I talk about Mercy and Ana. The next sentence is a natural extension of the aforementioned argument I make. :joy: That’s clear enough to anyone that doesn’t have the obvious agenda of plucking statements out of context and “defeating” arguments I never make. :rofl: