Likely hero candidate Anubis info *next month*

With the lore returning to Pharah and the Anubis map tomorrow. (In Cole’s recruiting comic part 2)

We will likely get some final confirmation on the hero candidate Anubis from all the way back in Pharah comic.

Also note, this hero candidate is actually one of the oldest to haven’t become a hero yet.

So it will likely be a good read.

Honestly I don’t care if they finally dismiss him…. Still a good read.

Edit: misjudge release around event scheduling (fixing typo in title)

My bad….

Though if they are one a month…

That’s gonna lead to a different theory then dismissing these hero candidates we are likely going to cover later.

I’m pretty sure they retconned the G.O.D AI out of the story? Then again, that was back when Michael Chu was the lead writer.

6 Likes

Where are you getting “tomorrow” from?

3 Likes

That’s tomorrow? Huh I thought it would be in December.

2 Likes

arent the comics once a month? i believe the tracer one was 1 per month. could be wrong

2 Likes

I thought she and zen talked about that? Could be wrong though.

1 Like

Uhhhh ok. What do they do? What class are they? These are the things that I care about. Not “this person will be a hero. They are a robot.”

1 Like

His ultimate will be to insta kill one enemy randomly anywhere on the map.

1 Like

Source?

1 Like

Tomorrow? Says who? Unless I somehow missed an announcement.

2 Likes

My bad….

Though if they are one a month…

That’s gonna lead to a different theory then dismissing these hero candidates we are likely going to cover.

I think it’d be cool if Anubis returned, but suffered from a parasite AI. In Pharah’s comic, a colleague if hers, Okoro, was overtaken by Anubis. Perhaps Okoro’s code was retained inside the god AI, and has interfered with Anubis’s programming.

Made a titanic summoner tank concept of Anubis not long ago.
[Tank Concept: Anubis]

Either way, I imagine Anubis has to have some sort of summoning / mind control powers. A summoner could be any role, but I think a hero with mind control would definitely fall under tank-like cc abilities.

1 Like

Anubis is not a hero candidate. Anubis was put back into quarantine by Pharah’s team at great personal cost. It isn’t going to make any more appearances in the story.

I wouldn’t count it out just yet. Talon could always try again with the new Overwatch attempting to stop them. Null Sector also has good reason to want an AI that can control other Omnics.

Here is my old concept… I have others that also support versions but don’t have the time: 🧞 DF's Big Anubis Tank Concept Hero 30 Updated (again) (1/9/19)

1 Like

Ooh, I like the concept! I always wondered what a “hard pocketing” support might look like, and this one seems very intriguing! I’d love to give this hero a spin, although I’m sure plenty wouldn’t like the mind-control aspect. Throwing someone off a cliff or into your team seems pretty decisive for a teamfight.

I’d bump the post, but 2019 seems like a while ago.

1 Like

Honestly I prefer one of the support versions but would be easier to find if I had my laptop…. But it’s in the shop.

Support versions focused more on the “fusion with allies” part.