LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

Either way, with the current updates and coming changes, it succeeded in dragging me back in.

1 Like

Thoses changes are great, and I love the reworked Brigitte! Jeff was right when he said this summer would be very exciting! This PTR changes made me forget we donā€™t have new game mode for the summer games.

1 Like

yeah, though if hanzo is only able to be one of two dps, i dont think itā€™s a good idea to nerf his damage outputā€¦

They probably judge Hanzo too powefrull in 2-2-2 comp with this ability?

I think the whole patch is to bring back a real team work. People gonna have to adapt to the map and the comp in front of you. And swap the hero youā€™re playing to counter the ennemy team, within your role. They reverted Tracer ult, so they may change storm arrows back too if the nerf is too high

it is probably something theyā€™ll reverse if it is too much. though they nerfed him based on data before forced 2-2-2 so it seems questionable to be nerfing him now when he was actually at his least viable when 2-2-2 was just the meta that people insisted on playing. compared to other dps heā€™s slow, especially with his only rapid fire option being a cooldown ability.

2 Likes

I personally donā€™t mind the storm arrow nerf, but there might be an issue with it as you said, due to his fire rate being slow and if heā€™s locked into 222, you can often have a hard time burning barriers (especially if the enemy chooses to go double barrier). I mean, you can always swap off him and play something better for bursting barriers, but that could tank his pickrate and winrate. And if I only have to rely on one other dps to help me out, it could be a slog.

Weā€™ll see. I can personally manage playing Hanzo in most situations, the only problem is the community stereotyping. You know, if things arenā€™t going well, itā€™s because of Hanzo, letā€™s abuse this player into swapping to something they canā€™t play very well and pretend that the problem wasnā€™t a bad tank or a bad support.

Just the other day I had an issue where my team had 3 dps and one of our healers picked on me and passive aggressively asked if Reaper is the only one doing damage and are me and Ashe useless. And I know this is clearly a bad support player because as a support, you can always tell who does the most damage. And it wasnā€™t Reaper, it was me on Hanzo. I had gold damage and elims and a card for 30% team damage dealt. Unfortunately, I received no support because of the preconceived notion that Hanzo is always to blame. Yesterday another person was insulting me in chat and I ended up with 4 gold medals. I know medals donā€™t mean much, but yā€™know, with 4 golds, Iā€™m clearly not the dps thatā€™s the problem.

The same thing impacts Symmetra, my other dps main, so Iā€™m just ready for the community stereotyping and abuse to continue as usual.

2 Likes

Mauga confirmed not next hero Iā€™m mad online it is that math geek

Gotta admit that teaser was pretty juicy though. Or rather, actually hype-y and thought provoking. Maybe.

2 Likes

yeah, ive played hanzo for years, heā€™s my main, and while im used to the harassment, it doesnt get easier.

1 Like

Iā€™m mad that yet again we get a hero with absolutely nothing involving him making me actually excited for him. Its a math man. I canā€™t predict anything worse than a hamster, but this time last year i was gritting my teeth expecting a monkey and got a hamster, so I shouldnā€™t hold my breath there.

1 Like

They did me dirty with the mauga tease man. They better make him immediately relevant or Iā€™ll be even bigger sad

2 Likes

Im sure heā€™ll be added eventually. his design is clearly for a hero character and based on talon heavy units, which people have wanted since they were revealed.

1 Like

He not being able to find hapiness is literally his character arc that he have gotten barely of. Taking that off would be ruining the only thing that makes him unique.

It really kills me. They have all these characters they released that are actually relevant and interesting. and they throw out the MATH MAN, who is completely outta left field. thereā€™s the approximately 1% chance heā€™s the next moira, who fills a needed role in the story thats missing, but thereā€™s the 99% likelihood its something weā€™ve never heard of, never
really asked about, and really donā€™t care for.

1 Like

Right? Like, BOB is one thing. But mauga was such a huge setup.

1 Like

New teaser

I agree that Mauga wouldā€™ve been probably a better pick but come on, these two teasers have been pretty dope, and this one in particular is kind of chilling and creepy. Iā€™m sure he is going to be a fascinating character.

2 Likes

Could this be the prophesied Vishkar or Lucio lore weā€™ve been waiting for?

Probably not, unless he is Lucioā€™s father.

Sanjay is right there ready to go if they are looking for a Sym/Vishkar/Lucio lore addition too.

1 Like

Consider me spooked, that was intriguing.

True, I almost forgot about him.

The point would be then why choose Jack to be gay rep when there are several other characters that could have had a current male partner. Hanzo, McCree, Rein and Lucio all come to mind.

2 Likes

The teasers are pretty good, I like the spooky vibe. I really hope heā€™ll be a lore-relevant character, as low those chances are.

I mean, Baptiste also came out of nowhere but has many connections and is lore-relevant so itā€™s clear theyā€™re aware of the issue people complained about with characters that come out of nowhere (still bitter about Ashe).

Then again, Iā€™d really wish if they hurried with filling lore for already existing characters before adding more mysteries into the mix. Obligatory ā€œZen has no lore 3 years inā€ mention.