LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

I’ve been losing almost every game today. :cry: I just want my arcade loot boxes.

1 Like

awesome, didnt know it was a thing until i found it in the gallery!

1 Like

They really weren’t bothered to create a unique Winter Wonderland thing for the menu, huh.

I guess the skins didn’t had a consistent winter theme.

Wow, the changes they made to Blizzard World for winter are pretty bland.

Have you guys found or have any images of the new skins’ gold weapons? I’ve been kind of curious how they look.

pretty nice so far, especially for winter ashe. it makes bob golden with what’s made to look like molten glass instead of ice.

1 Like

have you noticed how Junkrat’s “toast” victory pose has his butt out. like he has widowmaker/mei syndrome, and its kinda refreshing seeing it on a dude

it might be a reference to something.

Lmao, i just saw a meme that he stole Widow’s butt (bc her winter skin has it less prominent)

1 Like

Hanzo, Genji, D.Va, and Winston are currently tied for having the least amount of event skins. But if we only count legendaries, Reinhardt has the least amount of legendary skins. (For Classic Heroes)

I think they could do wonders with Hanzo for Lunar New Year. Orisa might have the Chinese lion. If Genji does get another Archives skin, I can imagine him in a Yakuza jacket/outfit?

1 Like

I’m hoping for a Coming Of Age skin double whammy for both Hanzo and Genji. I don’t know for what event, but it stilll needs to happen.

https://sociorocketnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/002.jpg
https://sociorocketnews.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/010.jpg

2 Likes

I’m having a difficult time finding the motivation to grind for lootboxes. I didn’t had motivation for Summer or Halloween either so I suppose I’ll take it easy this event.

I noticed the Reflections comic released on December 20, 2016; rather than at the beginning of the winter event. Maybe we might get a comic a week later but I guess I can’t count on that.

1 Like

Yeah don’t count on a comic. Reflections was 100% a PR comic rather than anything else and it was, according to Chu, rushed as well. It was definitely a one time thing.

2 Likes

it’s been a slow day.

pharah is the next figma. looks pretty good. though i was hoping for mccree much more…

2 Likes

Oh wow, she does look amazing.

I wonder how they choose which figmas to make first though. It doesn’t seem to correlate with anything. Zen’s was a bit out of nowhere and so is Pharah.

2 Likes

not sure. i get the feeling it isnt blizzard deciding that. goodsmile has always had a certain preference when making new content. robots and women…not to say they never do male figmas, just not nearly as often.

1 Like

That pharah figma looks really great. All 3 pharah mains deserved some merch at long last (this really isn’t sarcasm; they were pretty slighted iirc)

1 Like

Sometimes I feel really worried about the future of Overwatch and if hoping for our next LGBT character is just a meaningless thing we won’t be happy about.

I think the Pharah figma announcement is pretty fair; they should spread the love around even if we do have different favorite characters. I think Winston merch might be pretty refreshing.

Edit: They should consider extending Winter Wonderland because of the bugs for Blizzard World.

1 Like