LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

itā€™s easily the best skin this yearā€™s event. thatā€™s unfortunately not saying much though.

2 Likes

I hope overwatch never does what apex legends just did. advertise a new character only to kill them off with the real new character last minute. fake outs like that are more likely to turn people away than follow. especially when there is hype for the fake character.

4 Likes

Yeah that was pretty dumb tbh.

2 Likes

Whaā€¦ what!? I need to go find this. This sounds like it could be a good schemes IF it could be pulled off correctly. That would be incredibly hard to do.

and if you ask me, apex did not pull it off correctly. itā€™s pretty disappointing. meanwhile, theyā€™re adding a limited hero pool to overwatch. this is also a bad idea. now people just wont play when their hero is banned. this is why they shouldnt listen to the youtubers. especially when the youtubers rely on clickbait and are anything but unbiased.

Iā€™d be chill with a limited dps hero pool. Not because i hate dps but because how in the hell are we limiting tank and support options MORE

1 Like

true, but then dps mains would be dropping the game more often.

1 Like

My biggest concern for this new feature, especially since his example was ā€œOrisa and Sigma not in the hero pool for a week.ā€ What are we supposed to do then, that leaves us with Rein and if it isnā€™t a Rein map, then ??? Like, I get it, people hate Orisa but tank and healer options are so limited due to limited number of heroes and maps each tank and tank duo works on that I canā€™t see how you could possibly pull this off properly.

Which means better queue times for dps mains. There is no downside to this.

until itā€™s your hero thatā€™s blocked. if you cant play the dps you want or youā€™re good at, then whatā€™s the point?

Well, that only affects hardcore one-tricks. Most players can play multiple heroes in a role. If Hanzo is banned one week, I can easily play Sym, Pharah, Ashe, Mei or McCree for example. Or just play a different role that week.

The difference with dps and tanks/supports is that dps has more heroes to choose from. If someone is really that dependent on their one-trick, then I guess theyā€™ll have to skip that week of comp.

My actual concern is how this will affect SR changes. Say your main is not in the hero pool and you play something youā€™re not equally good at and you canā€™t ever switch back to what youā€™re best at; that will certainly affect match quality and drastic SR changes, not just for the person affected, but their whole team. But again, this is a much bigger problem for tanks and supports because theyā€™re already more limited as is.

4 Likes

which was the whole reason i opposed the whole hero-ban concept from the start. thereā€™s not enough heroes, not enough tanks or supports. too many dps. in the end, someone is unfairly challenged.

2 Likes

Tbh Iā€™ve been having a pretty good experience in comp recently after shields were nerfed. Orisa Sigma might still be meta, but in gold and below you can get away with running other tank duos and people often do. Dive wasnā€™t easy to execute and goats wasnā€™t easy to execute, those metas existed in higher tiers. The easiest metas have arguably come from 222 itself and people cheesing it up with heroes like mei,reaper, doom, etc. Even then, people still often play whatever they want in lower elos. Blizzard needs to stop imposing these restrictions on more casual players when the real issue is viewers getting bored of watching OWL pros and streamers play the same comp over and over.

I was against 222 being introduced to QP so Iā€™m glad that this hero pool system is only being introduced in comp, and maybe only to ladder at that. As an OWL viewer I welcome this system to OWL because the whole point is supposed to be to avoid dominant metas and make for more exciting gameplay at high levels, but as a casual player that never once came across GOATS in my elos, I hope they keep this system as far away from QP and lower elos as possible. Iā€™m a support main too, and I really would hate to have any of the supports banned for even a week.

3 Likes

If Blizzard followed the regular schedule, weā€™d be getting a new hero teaser soon. I recall there being a rumor of one more hero release before OW2, but theyā€™ll probably release them closer to the release of OW2.

1 Like

I really hope they will fill the gap between Lunar NY and Archives with somethingā€¦
Either by starting the Archives earlier (mid March instead of mid April) or releasing a new hero (but I doubt they will) or a new short story with a new challenge (I really hope for that one!)

1 Like

Whereā€™s mauga I want mauga

1 Like

Probably gotta wait till OW2 :disappointed_relieved:

Apparently thereā€™s a Overwatch Netflix show being produced, but honestly, new lore just makes me nervous. Well, at least Netflix shows are generally more LGBT friendly I think? Idk.

So, how do you all feel about an Overwatch series?

1 Like

I prefer take the rumours with a grain of salt until itā€™s confirmed for good.
Iā€™ve already lost interest in the lore to be quite frank. Iā€™ve never been one of the people crying for an OW movie/series as Iā€™ve always thought OWā€™s universe, setting and story to be unfitting for such media. I just donā€™t think it has the characters or plot to support it unless of course it was entirely its own thing with new characters and plot and just set in the OW universe (which wouldnā€™t be that interesting in the first place).

Iā€™d probably end up watching it but Iā€™m not exactly hoping it happens either. Especially with the last few cinematics in mindā€¦

5 Likes

The rumor is based off some guyā€™s LinkedIn so I definitely would take it with a grain of salt, it could be that the animated series the LinkedIn refers to are the shorts that have already been made. As for whether Iā€™m into the idea or not - meh. Really depends on who the writers are and how they go about it.

Michael Chu is a very mediocre writer and if he were showrunner/in charge of writing most of the episodes I wouldnā€™t have high hopes. Alyssa Wong or a tv writer with good projects under their belt would definitely get me more excited, but then thereā€™s the other factors to consider. Animation style? Season length? Plot/arc driven or villain of the week? How much would it intertwine with and affect the over arching plot of the OW universe? Main characters? Target audience (young or older)? Thereā€™s so many ways they could go about this, and make it either very underwhelming or surprisingly good, that Iā€™d wait for more details to set my expectations.

6 Likes

I want to be excited and hopeful for it, but then I remember voltron, she-ra, and witcher. Netflix has a habit of missing opportunity and changing things that shouldnt or didnt need to be changed. Im honestly hoping itā€™s just a rumor, or if itā€™s real that itā€™s not dismissive of what fans the story has left. They waited too long for things like this, now theyā€™ve got a lot of risky roads to travel.