LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

I love the Mercy story.

Sad about no mention of Baptiste though. Perhaps the two events are not in the same timeline, so his call to Mercy happens after this? Who knows. Definitely expected him to show up or be mentioned, as well as Pharah. But for Pharah I kinda understand they omitted her because that would then bring the question of Anaā€™s and Pharahā€™s interactions which is not in the scope of the story about Mercy. Hopefully Pharah gets her own thing instead of being a random mention.

Anyway, us waiting for lore on our faves, letā€™s gather in this corner. I got something for myself:

And of course, Genji is always busy. The last I heard from him, he was heading home to find his brother.

Hanzo mentioned in lore indirectly!!! Love these scraps Iā€™m getting!

3 Likes

My hope for Jackā€™s homosexuality playing any role in his own story ever again is withering. There seems to be nothing else going on in that manā€™s brain except revenge revenge revenge. He even comes across as wanting to die as a soldier on the battlefield, doing the best he can to be a hero again. Ugh.

Well, Reaper76 could still happenā€¦ Why bring Jack sexuality like you said if not to make use of it? Revenge and Gabriel, thatā€™s what on his mind - but we donā€™t really know why Gabriel went to Talon in the first placeā€¦ Deep undercover? Manipulation? True desire to join Talon? Hopefully weā€™ll know someday whatā€™s going on behind this white maskā€¦

I donā€™t really care for R76, that would be a copout and I hate, hate, HATE when gay ships and couples are made by fandoms requests, especially fangirlsā€™ requests. Iā€™d rather they have their own unique story to tell.

Regardless, Jack was confirmed to be gay, and thatā€™s not enough anymore. You donā€™t get brownie points or representation points for just saying someone is gay. Thatā€™s not enoughhhhhh.

5 Likes

Blizard will probably never play the couple card between two heroes - and I think the friendship between Reyes/Amari/Morrison and how this friendship crumble appart is a way better plot than any romantic subplot. Maybe they even revealed his sexuality just to get rid of any romantic things that could have happened bewteen him and Ana if he were heterosexual.

But youā€™re right : itā€™s not enough.

4 Likes

Please let sojurn be the first trans woman

They mightā€™ve finally fixed barriers. this is a huge relief.

Nah, they just made it worse. Nerfing barriers means you canā€™t play one barrier tank now. Combos such as Orisa/Hog are literally impossible. Orisa is officially back in the trash can with this patch and she isnā€™t a main tank anymore and cannot be played without another barrier tank. Sheā€™s actually worse than ever, because back when she was a trashcan tank, I could solo tank with her. This isā€¦ I donā€™t know what this is. A main tank, definitely not.

People think that playing double barrier is some stress free environment for the tanks but Iā€™ve never felt more miserable playing a tank than during double barrier. And not because of boredom (Iā€™m not bored and I love Orisa), but because barriers literally disappear in 2 seconds or are completely useless because Reaper walks through it and is immortal or Mei just splits the team up. Double barrier exists because of the power creep that makes barriers melt too quickly. This is just further reinforcing it.

Blizzard proves yet again that they do not understand tanks and this patch is the final nail in the coffin of me ever touching tanks again. After 300+ hours of playing tanks and getting to diamond with them, Iā€™m done. Theyā€™re the most mentally draining thing to play in the game, especially in 222 and this nerf is just an insult that will not solve the problem. Prepare for even longer queue times because thereā€™s so little tank mains and I canā€™t wait for there to be even less until this category is removed entirely so we can be spared the suffering.

2 Likes

I wish Orisa stayed under the radar forever. Iā€™ve loved playing her since she hit the ptr and sheā€™s looking pretty unplayable now.

2 Likes

When are they going to buff Soldier? Hmh?

When they finally do a sweeping nerf on burst damage like they did with barriers. Hopefully the sacrifice of Orisa will show how out of control itā€™s gotten

2 Likes

Sojurn to be the first trans woman please
L = Tracer
G = Soilder 76
B = Bastion
T = Sojurn

the LGBT will be complete

apparently we might get more shimadas down the line.

Iā€™m not really fond of the concept of a seeeeeecrit unmentioned until now shimada waltzing in tbh

Maybe if it was hinted at literally anywhere but??? Unless itā€™s Sojiro :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

Im honestly with you there. probably someone whoā€™s still loyal to the clan hanzo and genji abandoned though.

The Shimada clan was hinted to be a part of the conspiracy Sombra was investigating so it could make sense to introduce more Shimada characters, but it would still feel random given that nothing has been done since then to expand on how the clan fits into the plot.

2 Likes

Honestly Iā€™m just likeā€¦ Whereā€™s maugaā€¦ I want maugaā€¦

3 Likes

The Shimada clan is definitely still around. Even if they looked like the cast of Beat Agents, there was still people roaming the grounds in the Dragons short.

It didnā€™t look like a big operation but, it has to be run by someone. If not, Hanzo would have just waltz in without a problem or need to strike.

1 Like

As long as itā€™s not a sister Shimada. I donā€™t like it when thereā€™s established male dynamics and they are changed by a woman. Like every single male relationship or male group needs a woman to fix it and make it better. Donā€™t like that.

I wouldnā€™t mind the pompadour guy being a distant cousin or something.

4 Likes

You know itā€™s gonna be some chick that emerged out of the blue but was somehow there all along

1 Like