LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

Probably. Also a bit concerning because people are impatient. Without any fixed schedule, there’s nothing to look forward to.

I really hope this doesn’t flop because lore pve focused OW experience is something I longed for since release.

1 Like

Well whatever may be the case, we’re getting nothing until next year. I’m sad that I have no reason to pick up Overwatch until OW2 comes along, but I am still excited for OW2. Hope it doesn’t get pushed back a lot…

1 Like

The new Sigma skin looks amazing. easily my favorite one so far for him!

2 Likes

All I know is, I am super hyped for OW2.

Edit: I am also really curious to see Hanzo’s development in OW2.

5 Likes

I’m really excited for the Hanzo interactions with other characters.

Have you guys seen that Lucio/Genji interaction?

3 Likes

lol, Genji is a bit random now that I think about it.

https://www.gameinformer.com/2019/11/05/details-on-an-unannounced-overwatch-2-hero

All of Overwatch 1’s heroes are coming back for Overwatch 2. As you read this, Blizzard is updating their looks for the new game. When I visited the development team in early October, they had 13 updated hero designs, with Doomfist being the last to go through the process. As the classic characters’ appearances are altered, Blizzard is also working on new heroes. We know that Sojourn will be a playable hero when Overwatch 2 hits, and there’s a good chance Echo will be too, but Blizzard still doesn’t want to say whether she is or not. Whenever I asked the team about Echo, they used the word “mysterious” to describe her.

During my visit, game director Jeff Kaplan quickly walked me through a PowerPoint presentation that showed off Overwatch 2’s new content. One of the slides he brought up was for new heroes. The image contained four silhouettes, none were immediately recognizable as characters that were teased in earlier concept arts, comic books, or any of the art we’ve seen. From what I could make out, three of the forms were female. This is just a guess, mind you, as the garments they wore made it difficult to know for sure. The character I believed to be male held a crooked staff, looking somewhat like a wizard, warlock, or voodoo priest.

The hero that stood out the most, and I couldn’t take my eyes off of, appeared to be a female with short hair. At her side and standing up to her knees was a fuzzy little critter with pointy ears and an equally pointy tail. It looked like a fennec fox, but with longer ears and a more aggressive stance. The hero of note wielded a giant four-sided weapon, which is somewhat similar to the shuriken used by Yuffie in Final Fantasy VII, but much thicker. At first glance, this weapon looks like it’s used for melee purposes, but given Overwatch is a science-fiction universe, I wouldn’t rule out the possibility of it being thrown like a boomerang or attached to some kind of chain (which I didn’t see). Regarding the animal, your guess is as good as mine whether it will be on the battlefield or not. There’s a chance it could be summoned in like Bob for an Ultimate, or not be used at all like Bastion’s bird Ganymede. Given how prominent it was in this artwork, I get the feeling this animal is used in some way. Imagine being able to tell it who to attack or pin down just by aiming at the foe. Again, this is all speculation, but from the silhouette alone, this looks to be one of the wildest heroes for the game yet.

Given how quickly Kaplan moved from this slide to another, I didn’t get good looks at the other two characters, but they didn’t stand out like the other two. I asked Kaplan if he could give me one word that describes any of the new heroes, and he responded with a quick “no.” Blizzard doesn’t want to talk about them yet, but I did get a rare look at four that will be coming to Overwatch 2, either when it launches or later down the line.

1 Like

well this is disappointing news to see.

1 Like

Which part of it is the most disappointing to you?

no Mauga, mostly. surely he wouldve been an obvious silhouette.

2 Likes

Sounds like lame anime waifu bait tbh

4 Likes

I mean they already have Genji so might as well complete the set Though I can’t deny that the gay in me is excited

Well, we KNOW Mauga was under development at some point, and that he is going to be released (or so Jeff said that he will be a hero but he was pushed back) so they probably teased heroes that others wouldn’t guess. I mean, nowhere did they say OW2 is going to just have these 4 heroes + Sojourn.

1 Like

true I suppose. guess we can only wait for more updates.

So did anyone else notice Brigitte having a look at Tracer’s… ahem… her… uh…

So did anyone else notice Brigitte being hella gay in the “Zero Hour” cinematic?

She said just hi to Reinhardt’s friend she heard about from Reinhardt and saw the first time in “Zero Hour”. Rising Storm referenced Tracer being Reinhardt’s dear friend. Tracer called aunt by Brigitte in Polish version just confirmed the Rising Storm. Translations know this reason.

Brigitte calling Tracer “aunt” makes almost no sense considering that they’re only three years apart so like all things from the canon that make no sense we’re going to ignore that and establish that Brigitte is gay for Tracer.

Brig and Tracer have clearly met before, likely a while ago, because Tracer says “Oh my gosh, you’ve grown!” They aren’t meeting for the first time in “Zero Hour.” I know some foreign language versions have Brig calling Tracer “Aunt,” but I agree with Frigid that it doesn’t make a lot of sense to me, and it’s not in the English version at all. Plus, Blizzard can now pry bi/lesbian Brigitte from my cold, dead hands

1 Like

Yeah idk about Polish but in Spain at least it’s very common to refer to people as aunt or uncle in the same way Americans would use “dude.” Also, has anybody seen Brigitte? That girl isn’t straight. Blizzard can deny it all they want but we know. We know.

1 Like

If right now you think she is homosexsual, heterosexsual, bisexsual or asexsual, so I am helicopter.