LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

OMG I cant believe someone else remembers Static Shock

McCree easy could be skinny guy since he uses just revolver, not heavy weapon like Zarya. But he isn’t, he’s muscular.

I’m down for a more effeminate hero. Perhaps a boy with physique similar to D.va’s. It would be add variety to the male cast.

it would probably be someone on her MEKA team, im all for all of them becoming playable eventually. it would be fun. especially if theyre each a different role than just tank.

1 Like

You mean kind of like Schneider from Spacelords or Kurama from Yu Yu Hakusho? Built like a bamboo reed with the face of a pop star.

I could see a character like that being a gymnast, ballerino, or even a psychic based character. His weapon could be a whip.

I do not want skinny man to be from MEKA. It’s stereotypical that skinny man is always gamer. He could be kinda human version of Hammond but function like Reinhardt, I mean he would make armor to make himself stronger.

Or maybe we just give a pretty lad a gun and call it a day?

1 Like

in the matches i played before they fixed it, 2-2-2 quick play was so much better than how it usually is. I actually had fun! and sigma is my new favorite tank!

1 Like

Same, I had a lot of fun yesterday with 222 in qp, even though it was buggy. And Sigma is indeed very fun to play. It’s so refreshing to know that I’ll not be a solo tank or a solo healer, takes a lot of the stress away from the games.

2 Likes

yeah it makes you feel less like it’s all on you to do your role. not being able to switch between roles is going to take getting used to, but even in comp, it’s all preferable over being a solo healer or tank out of nowhere.

1 Like

Yeah, as a flex, I miss having the opportunity to switch my role, but even with that, it was very often a struggle that was just stressing me out. Especially having to think about if my swap off our only tank is a good idea or not. Even when I was 100% sure that it would help, I was reluctant to do it because of this fear that I’d be considered a thrower or that it would tilt the rest of the team or something like that. It happened quite often honestly, I realise that I’m doing nothing as a tank, just feeding, I swap to something I know will be more useful, and the 4 dps start complaining.

With this, sure, I’m locked in a role, but at the very least I’m free from thinking about 17 things at once. The ability to counterswap is great, but unfortunately it didn’t work because not everybody wanted to participate in it. That’s ultimately what doomed it. In my experience, all of my counterswapping and flexing mostly meant nothing except bigger stress for myself and struggle with competitive for far too long because in order for counterswapping to work, the whole team must work together.

1 Like

indeed. with my usual team i would get stuck choosing between healer or tank because they’d all go dps and blame me for not doing enough healing or tanking solo. im a better dps than either of those things, but i’d be forced to compromise since they would only play what they wanted and how they wanted. it was maddening.

1 Like

It looks like so many japanese anime cliches we have seen too much. It’s a personnal opinion but I find a thin character holding giant weaponry is quite silly.

To be frank, I’d rather have an ugly character character than a thing from Final Fantasy franchise…

1 Like

Yeah I disagree with this completely.

Why is it that when there’s talk of feminine, beautiful guys everyone is so turned off by the idea? Maybe we are just not ready for feminine men to be seen as capable soldiers! :disappointed_relieved:

If we are to get ‘’ ugly ‘’ characters, then they better be women at this point, thanks.

1 Like

I think it was only referred to as lithe figures holding giant weapons. Nothing was said about feminine or not.

It would look weird to me if D.Va were to hold Zarya’s canon.

However, you can be feminine thin or feminine thick. Just stylize/weaponize appropriately.

I’m not against feminine-beautiful guys (even if I can’t stand Final Fantasy style) or ugly women in military force. I’m against the fact small, thin characters can overtake huge opponents in raw strength or juggling with a giant weapon, like we have seen so many times in animes and mangas. They tend to use this cliche to death then now, big characters are seen as non-threatening easy targets…

Plus, I hate the “Good-looking-cute hero vs ugly villain” we have in 50-80% of medias. I’d love to see the opposite for change.

1 Like

So Sigma has a unique interaction with someone where he says ‘’ I saw you at Luna’s cabaret the other evening. Would you care to go together sometime? ‘’

That line will surely spark some kind of ship, we don’t know who the recipient is yet though. Could be Widowmaker, since Luna Cabaret is in Paris. You know, Widowmaker, French, it all adds up.

Also, Sigma’s interactions are all very chummy. He isn’t painted as a villain at all. He is downright pleasant.

3 Likes

The first thing that caught my attention is that he was there in the first place, which means he enjoys the place and probably visits it regularly. At least that’s what I’d like to think.

I never liked the lines that exist just to pander to the shipping fandom and find them to be awkward but this makes Sigma seem really chill and only makes me like him individually even more.

It would be nice if he would ask one of the male heroes to go to the cabaret but that’s doubtful. It’s just that most interactions between male heroes are often so abrasive, competitive, aggressive and stuff. Meanwhile most of the interactions between female heroes seem to be like OMG I LOVE YOU AHHH YOU ARE SO GREAT, I REALLY ADMIRE YOU!!! and in general more light-hearted.

But I’m hoping Baptiste and Sigma will be more chummy with the guys without being obnoxious about it like everything has to be a competition.

5 Likes

*looks left

*looks right

tumblr? is that you?

1 Like