LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

I’m not a particular fan of the whole mental asylum thing myself, but I don’t think it’s that much of a big deal here, especially since in Sigma’s case it’s not being treated as a joke, we’re supposed to empathise with his problem. Particularly the problem of him being manipulated by Talon.

4 Likes

Young Justice Aquaman has a boyfriend who doesn’t die in the episode he’s introduced like in voltron I’m popping the biggest bottles

4 Likes

She-Ra’s Huntara is also very visibly into other women also, as they show her flirting with a bartender until Adora interrupts them,

Also I mean just Catra in general.

Can we unironically please get a transgender hero though?

Im trans myself and they spoiled my moira amab headcanon

Now watch as the Jason Momoa powered film canon completely ignores it

I wanna say those are two different Aquamen anyway

But also Amber heard is garbo so if they ditch her for a male love interest i won’t be upset either lol

2 Likes

is it the YJ Aquaman or Aqualad? Either way though yeah the YJ universe is different from the cinematic one.

It’s Aqualad specifically, though Im not surprised about that. In the comics one of the Aqualads was gay, specifically the one modelled after young justice’s version, who people are now calling bi after this YJ reveal.

Okay that does make a bit more sense to me then, and yeah usually the cartoons or at least the more serious ones try to adhere to the traits of the characters they are based off of in the comics.

1 Like

technically I think the YJ one came first, then they made a new Aqualad in the comics based on him who was revealed to be gay, so now that YJ is back theyre doing this. but I dont get why the YJ one is bi. I might be wrong, but Im seeing conflicting information everywhere.

I know it’s an lgbt subject but we should probably also keep on topic for overwatch.

That also makes sense they did the same thing with Harley and by extension Harley and Ivy. I admit I didn’t watch much YJ so I don’t the past in the series for the character so there could be a history of it there more so since YJ was on CN for a time before getting on the DC streaming service.

1 Like

I watched it when I could. CN had a habit of putting actually good shows at horrible hours back when they actually had good shows. with it only on early saturday mornings with no reruns, it’s all a little hazy. I hope if blizzard ever does go for an animated series, they avoid CN.

To me todays Cartoon Network shows are switching off brains. Old ones at least made brains working.

1 Like

Eh it’s nowhere near as bad as you are making it seem. The only really trash shows they have right now is TTGo, and the weird like preschool version of Total Drama. The rest are things like OK K.O. , SU, Craig of the Creek is fairly solid and makes me think of Recess, Mao Mao is also pretty decent so far, and now Infinity Train is coming out later today. I totally forgot about Gumball which is a crime against that show.

Thing is CN doesn’t have anything else but those handfuls of shows, and they still just show TTGo waaaay too much.

I just have a problem with how they’ve treated good shows and their excuses for doing so.

I do agree with that, I’m just happy that they are actually getting better shows now to replace crap. (Uncle Granpa. God I hated that trash fire of a show) It also seems the better shows are more numerous than the bad shows. They just need to balance the scheduling out so it’s not feeling like TTGo all the damn time.

I need to clarify one thing really fast though because I have been swinging at TTGo a lot. I actually don’t hate the show but it definitely is one of the weakest things on CN. Hell I’d dare to say I kind of like a few of the episodes, but my god they just shove that show down your throat.

2 Likes

I’m still waiting for OG Teen Titans to be rebooted. It was a victim to “wha—why do GIRLS like this show???” mentality and it’s nonsense.

I would be kind of interested to see if their Aqualad would have ended up as bi/gay too if the series was picked up again in 2019. He was kind of flirty towards women, but hey. That was one of my favorite shows growing up (I was a real sucker for Justice League, Teen Titans, and Static Shock) and I’d love to see some representation there.

To be fair to TTGo, some eps are decent and it’s really popular with kids for some reason. I can’t forgive them for baiting me on a TT reboot though.

1 Like

The closest you might get is the Teen Titans vs TTGo movie being released, but that might be a possible segue into a new series.

Also yeah some of the eps are incredibly well written and amazing but it is buried in a lot of just dumb stuff.

I personally believe Blizz should add a trans character. And I want to specify that I’m talking about a character that is medically transgender, as opposed to politically transgender. Doing so would help detoxify the community by making the game unplayable for people who ascribe to right wing politics.

We could even run the left wingers off by making the character a proud Southern American with a Confederate uniform skin. Just imagine how much more fun this game would be without politics.

Is that supposed to be a joke?