LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

Here’s the link if anyone is curious.

https://gear.blizzard.com/us/blizzard-pride-pin/

1 Like

I just ordered mine! I’m glad I chose today to come back to this thread after a long absence.

Also, hello everybody!

3 Likes

Ugh I want my level 3 back so bad. I need to post pride memes

1 Like

I would buy a Soldier 76 pride pin but I’m not going to be a walking advertisement for Blizzard.

2 Likes

This is actually a great idea. Pins for Tracer and Soldier pride themed.

I feel like I was half right about the next charity “event” being for pride month so I’m glad I got that gratification

it’s true and you should say it

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to get the new skins and no luck so far. Sometimes I think about how I’m playing Overwatch for skins rather than playing Overwatch for the game?

I bought an absurd amount of lootboxes this time around… mostly because they were anniversary boxes and dropped all the stuff from previous events, so I thought that to ease up the load for future events, I’ll just buy a lot of lootboxes now so I won’t get as much old event legendaries when the next event comes around.

1 Like

I treated myself to five. Gargoyle Winston still eludes me.

I stopped playing for a while mostly because I didn’t want to play alone but a bunch of friends came back at least. So I’m enjoying that.

1 Like

I’ve bought lootboxes before but I didn’t feel so good buying them so I think it might stay that way for a while. But they did helped me a lot during the 2018 Archives event where I got Scion Hanzo/Blackwatch Moira/etc.

Oh the pride pins are even available on the EU store. I thought we’d be locked out since we’re locked out of like 40% of the merch still. I want to buy it because of charity, but then again, I don’t want to walk around advertising Blizzard so I don’t know. I guess I can keep it at home.

As for the event, I got all items except for legendaries. I got some legendaries from other events that I was missing at least and I got the new D.va, but nothing else from this year’s Anniversary. I’m at least hoping for Mei.

1 Like

Also, curiously, overwatch and Starcraft are the only blizzard game twitters that didn’t retweet the tweet about the pride pin. I’d wager that’s why the forums are quiet on it

This is pretty much my plan :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t really advertise I game at all

1 Like

You can’t even wear a Blizzard pride pin IRONICALLY. If it was a McDonalds pride pin, it’d be at least funny but this is not. But it does go to a good cause and could potentially be a collectible in the future (doubtful though).

I want to make a bootleg Chick fil A pride pin and just really stick it to them tbh

You definitely should.

Succumbed and bought two pins. Blizzard baiting me with a gay charity, but also kinda poetic because I met my favourite person in the world in Overwatch so thanks Blizzard for bringing gays together.

3 Likes

Congrats! I think many people have met their s/o through the Overwatch fandom.

1 Like

Happy July everyone. This means we’ll get a new hero soon in a couple weeks.

Edit: whoops my bad it’s actually June. False alarm lol.

2 Likes

I mean the teasers for the new hero will start at some point this month so you’re not completely wrong. I’m pretty sure Baptiste was teased and released on the last week of February.

1 Like

Has anyone ever wondered about the G in LGBT not having its own specific flag colors? Rainbow tends to be an umbrella spectrum for all letters and the community is founded by a transwoman. But there are colors for more nicher categories like bear, otter, etc.

3 Likes