LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

Yeah, the breaking of Meiā€™s back continues due to her unnatural pose. I wish they would change her default pose and not make her stand like that. Extremely happy about them finally committing to showing off her beautiful chubby legs tho.

Which begs the question why not commit for McCree as well. Give him the beef we know he has.

1 Like

Blizz thinks we want stick legs, smooth chest, and no definition or stomach.

Or its a thing related to how theyā€™d rather give 76ā€™s butt corners than give any men booty definition besides Genji. Baptiste kinda does at least

1 Like

Genji doesnā€™t have a butt. Itā€™s as flat as the rest of them, the difference being his newā€¦ uh, ā€˜ā€™ clothes ā€˜ā€™ are skintight, while other male heroes have baggy clothing always.

Me waiting for Hanzo to get voice lines that arenā€™t depressing:

lol!
maybe they should add a sepeku emote for him :rofl:

At this point I wouldnā€™t be surprised.

I just feel like theyā€™re constantly keeping him locked in stasis of character development (the tiny grain of it he has) instead of moving it forward with what they showed us in Reflections. They gave him a funny line with cakes and a normal line with Genji where the two are like ā€œWonder who our father would be more disappointed by lol!ā€ and thatā€™s it. No more progress or hints at him getting along with Genji anymore! Iā€™m still mentally recovering from their last added interaction.

1 Like

This is a mood honestly. Where is the Casual Hanzo lore development.

2 Likes

Hi this game sucks, the characters suck, the story sucks, Soldierā€™s gay reveal sucks major suck. What can I say, no comic this year yet, and comics were supposed to be making a comeback???

Your first two points were a bit subjective, but this is kinda a objective truth, unfortunately.

Youā€™re right. I think the problem is that there isnā€™t anything interesting/long lasting to support Jack (like a show/series with character development/journey but I guess OW isnā€™t really that) but a little too close to feeling like a token character/checklist.

2 Likes

probably why they revealed soldier and not a younger hero like mccree or hanzo. so they wouldnt have to touch on it more. heā€™s one of the older characters in the game, the odds he is a long lasting character are slim. his story doesnt allow for much else than what weā€™ve already been given and the ultimate climactic end where he gets justice against talon. after that? retirement or his death. he was likely made gay so they wouldnt have to make any more characters gay. im just waiting on and dreading the day they decide to kill a certain very popular ship with conflicting canon. I hate to say it, but soldierā€™s reveal almost guaranteed that despite the support for it, they will inevitably do so for all other ships anyway, and it just puts me off of the game knowing there isnt much to hope for. this isnt all about ships, but there just isnt much else. the game is growing stagnant, the story is almost nonexistent, they cater to people who dont care about the franchise and with recent events with activision I dont think there is much to hope for in fixing any of this. all some people have to keep them invested is ships and fan content.

3 Likes

I dont mean to be so negative, I still love the game and the characters. Like always, I guess Iā€™m just scared of where it goes from here. but hey, Mccreeā€™s figma was finally revealed. at least thereā€™s something to look forward to.

1 Like

Soldier is effectively immortal because heā€™s gay

I think they made him gay because it would avoid them actually having to depict a gay relationship, compared to McCree, Hanzo or even Rein.
Hello, my name is broken record, let me play you the one track I know.

1 Like

pretty much what I said. the irritating thing is gay male characters are already so rare, it feels delusional to hope for anything more than a single reference from a single character and be done with it, or worse, just a background character/couple for a split second. To ask for anything more is to be called ungrateful or pandered to, or somehow accused of biphobiaā€¦ thatā€™s all we ever seem to get in any fandom. I suppose I want overwatch to be better than it is since it is still technically a new IP, but it looks like theyre not going to listen.

2 Likes

Pride month soon fellasā€¦

My pipe dream is that we havenā€™t had a charity event yet this year because itā€™ll be an LGBTQ charity

Itā€™ll never happen, but maybe pride day last year was testing the waters?

3 Likes

maybe. you never really know I suppose. but theyre unlikely to do something to anger the e-sports crowd.

The biphobia accusation is a misguided reaction to the fact that bi men are also largely ignored by culture.
Itā€™s still not the correct thing to do.

This is my fear, I do not want this.

For some reason I donā€™t have a lot of faith if they do but I guess itā€™d be like Tracerā€™s summer skins but with a flag?

The curse of the century that the LGBT flag looks putrid. I hate rainbows so much, and companies trying to cash in with using the rainbow motif in their products during pride month makes it all the worse, companies that dgaf about LGBT people the rest of the year. NO, THANK, YOU.

If Blizzard wants to help LGBT people, donate to a charity, even outside of pride month. If Blizzard wants to do something for pride month, give Soldier and Tracer more content regarding their relationships, or release a new LGBT hero.

3 Likes