LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

Same I don’t personally play HotS because it’s a PC exclusive title and it’s basically a Blizz crossover with random lore. But I hope this means resources can be allocated to Overwatch more.

1 Like

I mean it really depends, I’m worried that more people are going to be working on OWL instead of OW.

2 Likes

Oh, that definitely worries me as well.

But if they’re getting more people overall, it should balance out at least. The worst would be to just continuously stay with the amount of people they had this year which wasn’t enough apparently.

Hopefully these HotS devs can help OWL and others can go back to balancing he game and making events and cosmetics and whatever. I’d like to mention story as well, but I can’t see how writers could’ve been moved to work on OWL so I’m still unclear on why there was no lore because of OWL.

I hope we get sexy skins. HotS had sexy skins. Can we get those sexy skins please? They seemed to be pretty equal too, men were sexy, women were sexy.

Also that Zarya skin please, just aaaadddd it into OW please.

1 Like

Can anyone explain to me how Genji’s Oni and D.Va’s Officer skins made it into Overwatch? Apparently they were HotS skins but fans demanded them to be included in Overwatch? Is that correct? I hope we get this with Tracer’s summer HotS skin.

They weren’t HotS at all, they were just a part of the promotion for HotS. Basically, the promotion was “Hey, play 15 games of HotS and if you do, you’ll get an exclusive skin for Overwatch!”

It was fun, I tried HotS then and you could get the wins by playing vs AI. I think it made a lot of people try HotS out, but I don’t think many kept returning after getting the skins.

They were just a reward you could pick up in OW (including some sprays and icons).

1 Like

Ohhh that makes sense now.

I do wish they’d add some of the HotS skins into OW though. Some of them are really interesting and creative.

I guess it’s easier to make them for HotS? Since the models aren’t as big or detailed and they don’t move the same way so you can do more. Silhouettes also aren’t as important, I think.

I’m hopeful for Hanzo to get a Lunar New Year skin. I think they could do wonders. He could wear a hakama or something for oshogatsu celebration. And maybe his hair is tied down.

1 Like

Speaking of, Hanzo has a haori spray but no skin where he wears it. Maybe that could be something?

2 Likes

Busan karaoke interactions are added for Reaper and Tracer in the PTR!

https://twitter.com/SegadorYSoldado/status/1073691488943403009
https://twitter.com/SegadorYSoldado/status/1073692034228056065
https://twitter.com/SegadorYSoldado/status/1073694840557195264

2 Likes

I identify with Reaper.

2 Likes

I wish Reaper would have a little bit more emotion in his voice and delivery. It all sounds pretty monotone. But maybe that’s the direction they WANT to go with him. And since it’s the VAs own voice and there’s is little to no filter actually used, maybe it’s hard for him too.

We think Kevin may be one of the devs who got moved… I don’t know if I want to play HotS anymore if he’s gone tbh

You know, it’s kind of funny that Reaper and Widowmaker’s intended personalities seemed to have switched.

Reaper acts like a one-note edgy Sonic OC someone made when they were 13, while Widow has a surprising amount of depth for someone who’s supposed to have had her personality brainwashed out of her.

1 Like

ok, so voltron single handedly angered its entire fanbase with post production added post credit scenes and we are likely to feel this all the way over here in the overwatch fandom considering how much fan bleed through there is…especially the lgbt side…

1 Like

Yeah this has had me confused for a very long time

Here’s a source that Voltron apparently didn’t really do its LGBT representation very well. It somehow got worse.

1 Like

yep. just found that myself…and i have to agree considering i watched it…

I wouldn’t be happy if Shiro was paired with a random character either. Especially if it’s a random character after another random character; with the former with Adam being much tame.

1 Like