LFG is the only true way to stop smurfs

People will always take advantage of the matchmaker. So not using it is the only true answer. We need guilds and a robust LFG feature.

I made this post awhile ago detailing the QoL I think the LFG needs. The idea is to load up your friends list with all good teammates.

Some of my funnest smurf climbs are with LFG.

“Masters DPS looking for support pocket” group title takes about 5 seconds to find someone PINING for a shortcut to climb the ladder.

Flagging spam posts is the only true way to stop spam posts on the forums.

Seriously, the last response on that thread was 12 hours ago. There is no reason to create a duplicate or advertisement for your own thread. Stop spamming, please.

work with me

I meant to keep throwers off of your team.

the subject is entirely different. the other post was link because it’s relevant to this topic

It will denititely not stop them, but it will certainly reduce their numbers and make the smurfing much less enjoyable.

1 Like

If this is an issue if “games not fun with smurfs”, I can promise you, adding an over complicated queuing method will just make the experience a whole let less fun, or at least much more draining. Que times will be infinitely longer, toxicity and selectivity will rise like no other, and sr displacement will be even more relevant because of how people que now.

If it’s an issue of smurfs taking sr and fixing games, then you’re scapegoating a minuscule issue. Mathematically speaking, the chance of a smurf popping off on the other team vs your own is 6/11, while a thrower, boosted, or bad player on the other team is 6/11 as well. This means, and I can almost bet, that you’re actually to gain from throwers and smurfers more than you’re likely to lose from them. The only common thing across all your comp games is yourself, therefor, if you’ve played enough games and can’t seem to gain sr, then that’s where you belong.

1 Like

it’s not the practicality I’m trying to solve with this QoL for the LFG. It’s the possibility that needs to be available. Whether it works or not takes a back seat. Democratizing matchmaking is a must.

A lot of these posts I make aim to solve problems expressed on the forums. Just because I’m trying to solve a problem I see on the forums, doesn’t mean I believe the problem is severe.

it’s more about keeping ne’er-do-wells off your team for the sake of piety.

and you’re wrong about the 6/11. The fact of the matter is that SR manipulators only slow you down, they don’t change your rank. (except in very extreme cases that aren’t practical)

example. you are 1800sr. 10000 Diamond players agree to throw when they get to 1850 and pwn when they get to 1750. if you then started playing and maintained a 50% winrate, I think your SR would be highly erratic.