Level 25 for ranked is insultingly low

When you were really level 1?

Cause my level 1 match, I was lost on map :smiley:

Mhmm, and I knew what I should do in Objective, also I do Follow to Objective, not a Goals to Elimination Enemies.

1 Like

Yes, it would still have alts. But not the topkek smurfs. Plus the aftermarket sales would be pricier. right now a pre-levelled account for ranked is cheaper than the official game price.

Just for arguments sake, can you state how many hours play it takes to reach level 25 as a solo q?

Considering you’re claiming they don’t know how the game works at level 25… :thinking: :wink: :upside_down_face:

What’s worse is that they get placed gold anyway :skull:

I believe this cause I literally watched it happen

2 Likes

99% of the community has agreed to increasing the lvl cap to 100 for 4-5 years now as it would improve everyone’s gameplay experience except for the smurfs, but nothing has changed towards that. So nothing will ever change towards that and it’s one of the horribly toxic decisions from the devs that we just have to live with :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

It’s all about the money - they just repeatedly buy accounts vainly hoping to move up each time. Of course, it doesn’t work but that doesn’t stop them from doing it.

1 Like

Same, and it was hilarious when I saw the outcome and compared the numbers. One account placing over 600 SR higher simply due to 2 more wins than the other account while performing substantially worse on average using the same hero for all 10 placement matches. The system is a freaking joke.

2 Likes

Ive always said it should be to level up 5 levels with 5 different heroes. At least. or 5 levels with 10 different heroes. That would be good, so comp unlocked at 50.

1 Like

It should be changed minimum lvl100 max 150.
In my experience and what friends that also start to playing sayed that they underestand mechancs to be able to know few counters

It honestly took me at least 300 levels to START having some game sense and understanding something about the game. Overwatch is a complex game, and it’s not because you can headshot people that you will know to expect and counter everyone.

That’s nice but you =/= the community.

I did a quick Google search and saw 33 hours for lvl25 so let’s say 25-35 hours give or take.

After that many hours played, they’ve likely played every map, worked out which heroes they like and are ready for a more serious (lol) mode of the game (comp).

If they’re so terrible you should never see them after placements as even if you lose all 5 games, if your stats are gold level, the worst you’ll place is high silver. :wink: :thinking:

1 Like

I don’t care about rank I just play rank because I like to insult toxic people

Imo, there’s just two reasons to set a level restriction - to deincentivize smurfing and to let newer players get adjusted to the game before all of the frustrations of comp.

Other than that, increasing the minimum level won’t really change the quality of your teammates - one can be bad at the game even after hundreds of hours. What it will accomplish though is limit newer players’ exposure to the more competitive aspects of the game, therefore limiting their experience in general.

Competitive is not that serious. Essentially, it’s longer QP with “coolness points” slapped on top of it. It’s not some sort of serious tournament, it’s just a slightly different ruleset.

SR is a secondary thing really. It’s a background estimate of your future performance, it comes and goes. One loss may seem terrible, but mmrs are designed to work best in the long run.

Bad teammates? Unlucky you, happens. Don’t let bitterness consume you over that.

1 Like