Let's work together and not apart on Mercy

Sorry about that. Let me try again:

One character can only undergo so many changes and go through so many ideas at one time. We can’t rework Mercy and keep her as she is, and we can’t give her every E ability. We have to come up with ideas and choose which ones could work.

1 Like

the only thing mercy really needs now is for valk to promote juggling and that’s it tbh

If you read through again, you may notice that I specifically said to avoid reverting her due to the countless reasons that people have come up with as to why it’s unhealthy and unenjoyable.

1 Like

have you taken a look at #bigmainlittlechains?

Why isn’t she?

Because of GOATs? Many high end teams are moving away from GOATs, or at best keeping it as a situational pick. Orisa/Bastion/Mei, double sniper, several dive variations, triple and quad dps are all being played in high end scrims currently. Mercy is a huge part of triple/quad, and my team uses her in our Hammond/Winston dive setup. I don’t want to leak too much about our quad dps countercomp, but it’s the most quickplay looking comp you have ever seen.

She is currently both. The problem she suffers is the same as GOATs does as a meta. It’s extremely complicated and filled to the brim with micro decisions that have a huge impact on the outcome, but they are all too subtle for the average player to understand and notice them.

Disagree. Just because something is popular, does not mean it’s reasonable. Unless you’re implying the flat earth theory has merit, because if it didn’t, no one would believe in it?

4 Likes

i’ve been talking about that since the rework (since it was probably my biggest peeve even more so than cd rez) tbh sadly i doubt the devs are gonna do anything bout that since mercy is “balanced” statistically

1 Like

I mean, rather, have you taken a look at that thread?

I feel like this is a problem with a large chunk of characters now.
Hanzo, Rein, Tracer, Mercy etc all are statistically balanced but have flawed kits.

4 Likes

nope not really. im really done and tired of pushing that. never got traction when the rework was released and im all out of energy for anything that has to do with balancing with the game

And I could argue the next season of OWL will show you otherwise. Since the D.va nerf made it very clear that we are balancing from top down, people who think “you can always get away with Ana” should not have a say in balancing. Ana is terrible against quad dps, and she struggles compared to Mercy on Numbani first and throughout Gibraltar.

Try and think of it this way:
You like Mercy as she is. Glad to hear it! Even so, you need to see through that and to the flaws of it an dunderstand that change is necessary (at least for me it is)
Take me for example. If you take a moment to look at my hours, you may notice that I have built up over 160 hours on Symmetra. I loved Symmetra back in the days of Symmetra 2.0. But was Symmetra 2.0 healthy for the game or for the character? No. I understand that now. Symmetra 3.0 as she is is healthier for the game. I love Symmetra 2.0, but I knew that she had to change. Mercy is like that now.
For you, she is fun and balanced, but she is not healthy for the game. Change needs to come. It can come in many forms, but it needs to come one way or another. If you really like Mercy, let her change.

I’m still waiting for a legitimate reason as to why, other than “just because”.

Statistically speaking, she isn’t underperforming, and from my personal and quite comprehensive experience with the competitive scene above ladder, Mercy has a strong and well defined place, and she will find her place in anti-GOATs comps.

Tell me why she’s bad. Why she doesn’t belong in the game in her current state, why she doesn’t justify a slot on your team under any circumstance over Ana (who from my anecdotal experience of x2 2hr scrimblocks per day every day is the least played support over the last few weeks)

5 Likes

I find it hilarious that anytime Mercy is talked about, arguments will always come, 100% of the time😂

And I bet blizzard couldn’t care less about any of the sides😵

1 Like

Why should I run Mercy in a squishy dominant comp when I can run Zenyatta instead? Zen can work fine with Lucio or another main support and tehre, that’s all you need. Damage boost is more synergy-reliant while discord orb is “just hit the thing I tell you to.”
From there, give many any other place that Mercy works over another support.
Best I can think of is as a beginner character, but if she’s beginner friendly then she shouldn’t only fit into one specific team composition in a sub-par manor. She also should NOT be a character that everyone just yells and shouts at in voice chat and typed chat when new players want to learn the game.

Forgot to mention some more general things. There is also very little difference between Mercy’s skill floor and skill ceiling. I mentioned it, albeit indirectly, but a lot of people are just really mean to Mercy. Not to mention that no one wnats her to ever be good because of one meta that she was in that one time because this god-forsaken rework came out far out of balance.

Because Mercy is very good in high mobility comps that are built around self reliability with heroes like Hammond and Sombra, and Zen is not?

And Mercy can work without a main support there.

And harmony orb is weaker than Mercy’s beam. Guess what, Discord is Zenyatta’s primary strength.

Mmmmm. No. Mechanical? Sure. Mercy doesn’t need aim. But have you seen Slur play Mercy? Go on and tell me how there’s “little difference” between him and a plat Mercy.

Yeah, that isn’t really true. Mercy was absolutely BROKEN, and remained that way for a LONG time. No one wants that back. But Mercy as a viable support pick alongside others? I don’t see why people would disagree with that.

4 Likes

Let’s start from scratch. Better than arguing all night about this.
Hi! Nice to meet you. I heard that you like Mercy as she is. Your opinion is heard and I have taken note. Anyone else have anything they would like to share? Or maybe there is an idea that you might like as an alternative to current Mercy?

In my opinion, Mercy is a well balanced character at this time, and needs no changes

In my opinion, there is nothing whatsoever about her that can reasonably be described as unhealthy in her current state.

I do not feel she should be changed any way at this time, and am quite glad that recent statements by the devs concur with this

If you really like Mercy, there is no need to change her

2 Likes

Glad to hear. Anyone else? Any alternative approaches to keeping her as is? I’ll listen and stop with arguing as best as I can.

Edit: I agree with #BigMainLittleChains. Is it where the main healing beam is stronger but the chains are weaker? Yeah, that’s a good idea.

Worry not, there are many other anti-Mercy posters like yourself on these forums, and some of them will find their way here.

1 Like

Yeah!
Make Mercy Great Agai… :record scratches:

Oh wait… wrong rally.

1 Like