Let's talk counterswapping

if swaps are such a massive advantage, your comp is already lackluster and you only didn’t manage to stop us because we didn’t tell you what hero or heroes will wreck your entire comp for free until the moment you could no longer react to that reveal.

Thats how it sounds to me.

Like when I face a comp a flier like phara can destroy but I only swap to phara the last second, Its a simple case of the enemy team never solving that weakness until it was already to late.

3 Likes

This isn’t what you said though. You said

Which is a ridiculous statement and also categorically different than what you said defending it

1 Like

The thing is, it’s entirely relevant.

You’re claiming there are matchups so lopsided that even with double perk advantage and an ult advantage that you got steamrolled in a single fight which cost the game. And to my knowledge (with plenty of game hours to back it up) no such lopsided matchup exists. You must have misplayed.

With perk AND ult advantage there’s really no reason you should have lost a singular fight. You actually had the advantage. That’s my point. It would be different if the other team had more than a single fight to build ult/perks and make their advantage meaningful, but according to your example they didn’t.

1 Like

It’s absolutely not. You are on a huge adventure in missing the point.

First of all, if you don’t have ult (which I didn’t) and won’t build it that fight the ult advantage doesn’t matter. We were in 1 fight territory and I used my ult the fight prior. Ult doesn’t matter ta all in this context.

Not all perks are created equal. There are some heroes who’s perks are such garbage that they aren’t that important while for others it is a big deal. The perks on my tank were good but did not help me in the swap matchup at all. I would have had the exact same matchup with or without the perks in this situation. They didn’t matter.

ChiefWamBam is also wack like that other person. Just ignore and move on.

2 Likes

You constructed an entire match just to blame swapping at the last fight, and you’re surprised that people are asking about the rest of the match that you constructed that led to that pivotal moment.

And even then, even if people were to concede that this is unfair and needs sweeping rules changes, this is an avoidable problem, from managing the clock better, to managing the resources better, to improving how you handle the bad matchups of your favorite tank, to not deciding to pin your end of match defensive hopes on a tank with a weakness so exploitable that respawn advantage can’t save you.

This is a gross oversimplification of the situation.

If it was a 1v1 scenario, you’d be correct. But OW is a team based game and surviving a match-up vs. a hero that counters yours also falls onto your team to be able to handle the differential.

If they cannot, no matter how good you are, it doesn’t matter.

2 Likes

I didn’t construct anything. This actually happened. And the reason I don’t go into more details is because chuds like you would major on the minors and ignore the actual point. Unfortunately you continue to go on a grand adventure in missing the point despite my best efforts to keep you focused on the relevant details.

How the hell did you fail to read past the first sentence? At least figure some of this out before you try and fastball insults around here like you’re some beacon of competency. Your point sucks without additional info, buddy. That’s why people keep asking.

Edit: ain’t gotta fully sink to the depths of the guy I’m interacting with in order to have a convo with them

I didn’t. How the hell do you still fail to understand the point I’m trying to make?

I actually am a beacon of competency. Seriously, you are completely missing the entire point of my post and are too myopic to even realize your own failings.

No it doesn’t buddy. Your failure to understand this is is precisely why I am not giving you more information to derail into irrelevancy further.

Maybe we could try one (or even both) of the following, applicable under suitable timing conditions (like near the end of a match, or when the objective is nearly progressed to checkpoints):

-Big announcement of the swap on the screen (text popup, not just voice over), to limit surprise factor.

-Add a delay in respawn time (or blocking applicable players from immediately leaving spawn; whichever is easier to implement) when performing a swap, essentially adding additional cost to counter swapping. It might be tricky to calibrate, and it might need to rapidly scale upwards with over frequent swapping, but it’s at least something different to consider.

NEVER swap to mirror unless you are 100% confident you play that hero better than them.

ALWAYS swap to counter otherwise.

That’s the first mistake people make.

Yup.

Who knew, a game designed for 6v6 to the core simply doesn’t function properly when you take that 6th person away.

It doesn’t matter how they balance it, it doesn’t matter how they change characters.

6v6 is the literally how this game functions.

So…

they just used basic brain power and strategy.

Yes, in a team game, which fights you win can certainly be more important than how many you win.

Because yeah, sometimes it really does just take that 1 successful fight.

I’ve won overtime games because of this.

1 Like

Not my enemies. They would NEVER attempt a mirror.

:flexed_biceps::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Oh I almost always do on this particular swap. I’m good at this hero. I completely outclassed them after the swap.

I played 2 heroes this match. They played 5.

Both are cheese

Also Ana and Zarya ults are single button presses that have massive impacts for no effort

If you have to counterswap then yes you picked the wrong character because clearly you weren’t practiced enough. Counterswapping should be a decision, not a necessity.

I did say you or your team on my first or second post of the thread. I’m not trying to single them out necessarily.

Also saying they lost just because the enemy swapped is an equal oversimplification of the matter because there’s more to the loss than the opponent switching characters.

Ana and zarya ults need teammates to pull their own weight, like theres no point giving nano to a dps who cant hit the broadside of a barn. Zarya alone cant do enough damage quick enough to kill everyone in a grav.

Suzu is entirely up to the kiri player it doesnt need another teammate to know what they’re doing to get value it just gets it instantly.

Yes

All the same, Zarya removes enemy counterplay and Ana makes things twice as easy to do

Not enough, apparently.