Let's move on to a Reinhardt meta now

I use to think that the game played better when dive was on top, but only for the divers. Constantly having to dive every game gets stale, but you know what doesn’t get stale…?

Reinhardt vs Reinhardt. A true battle of honor n’ glory.

Alright, Blizzard. Let’s get the brawl meta up and running. Nerf Genji, Tracer, and Sombra back into their holes. Make Doomfist and Winston unplayable again. Kick out Moira from Platinum/Diamond+ games.

I wouldn’t mind, I really like playing with and against Rein, but I also consider him one of their best made tanks (clear strengths and weaknesses).

2 Likes

The problem with a Reinhardt meta is that it’d basically revolve around hefty damage resistance and low mobility (so GOATs, kinda the defensive reverse of the recent-ish Mauga meta) or you’d have to break and rework his kit, which would taint his relative role as a “champion of a bygone age” staple both of gameplay and character personality while also further embracing power creep.

I would love to see Reinhardt on top, but not with the game as it is. I’ve seen classy, hearty staple characters updated too far into power creep in a few other games. It’s not pretty.

2 Likes