Let's be real: Mercy is balanced

I would love 60 hps for her but honestly she is still the best pocket hero in the game, and most mobile healer.

1 Like

Ana main here.

No. Mercy is definitely underpowered, on top of being unimpactful and overall unfun.

This rework was a mistake. Valkyrie is terrible, not ult-worthy at all. Rez should have never been made an ability: it’s an ult and should’ve stayed that way. Her healing was buffed to 60 per second for a reason: because 50 is too little.

Also Ana main here

Yes. Mercy is balanced, but can be impactful and fun is subjective (though personally I have never thought that through any iteration).

The rework was fine, but didn’t address her key issue. Her skill ceiling is so close to her skill floor that there is very little to do to improve yourself with her and improve your performance with her, especially as you seek to climb the ladder into higher ranks. That’s why she’s still a decent and worthwhile pick in lower ranks, but as player skill increases, she starts to bring less to the table than her higher skill ceiling counterparts.

So you believe pressing Q should mean guaranteed instant results? I feel like that’s what most of the Mass Res crowd wants they hate the fact that they don’t have an instant success button and just simply don’t know how to use or refuse to like Valk because they enjoyed the easy button press no counter Res they had.

Balanced, yes

Fun, no

Did you not even read what I said?
I was talking about how inconsistent mass res could be. And that’s a good thing, it leaves you on your toes.

And yet, valk is exactly what you’re describing, ironically.
If you think res was an instant success button, idk what to tell you.
She was definately over powered.
Mass res was definately what all the pros relied on, since she was such a must pick in the pro scene for those instant success 5man resses.
/s
Don’t act like the game doesn’t have so many things now that could counter mass res(with added changes).
At the very least, Don’t make assumptions about what I believe, and I’m sure we could have a productive conversation.

You never said Mass Res by name but you did say Valk in your post so I went with Valk.

My version of counter is not yours I can tell. You could not stun Mass Res or force them to use the ability and gain nothing. Regardless of what you do unless you kill her she WILL Res people stunning wont matter if it doesn’t end in a death.

Now look at Reaper. He uses his Death Blossom and you stun him. Ultimate was truly wasted in a way that Mass Res can’t be.

I do not think being forced to counter a ultimate like that with another ultimate is a good counter. To me countering something is to prevent the use of or highly limit the effectiveness of it while it’s being used. Zenyatta is using Trans? Just throw in a Biotic Nade. Ultimate countered without needing another Ultimate.

You will not convince me an instant revive button with invulnerability tied to it was good. You truly can’t use Mass Res badly either because you are potentially forcing an ult or another ult in some cases which lets be honest in those days Mercy was bound to get her ultimate pretty quickly and likely got it again before the other person does.

She isn’t any less engaging than she was with mass rez. I’ve played all versions of Mercy and I actually think she is more engaging to play now.

3 Likes

By jove, if it’s this bad now imagine before then.

I agree with what you’re saying.
The thing is… most arguments I see always start with “she’s not fun” or “she’s under-powered” but they almost always end the same with:

“if we’d just bring back mass rez…”

and that’s the point where the true colors are shown.

2 Likes

Lets be real: She’s not.

(see how easy that was?)

I respectfully disagree

She might have been balanced at 60 hps with her current kit.
Fun though?? Nahh…

Every time i play her i am not having fun unless I just got full battle mercy.

as stats show mercy is beyond doubt balanced

“but she is not fun, we need e rework”

define fun. mass rez? wont happen. She is literally more engaging to play than ever. Maybe the fact that people have onetricked her for a year makes her boring to play.

1 Like

In before, “How many hours do you have on Mercy? But the people who play her don’t find her engaging!!! Buff now!!!”

Ridiculous how often I see this “argument”.

I should point out, this isn’t me advocating for mass rez and I am not nor have I ever been a Mercy main. I did enjoy mass rez Mercy, but we’re at a point where the game has now lived longer without it than it has with it. I’m all for improving Valkyrie.

The main drawbacks for me personally are as such:

• Current rez disrupts the eb and flow of Mercy’s kit. While it should have a cast time, it needs to be executed in a way where it doesn’t feel like Mercy’s kit is being brought to a grinding halt for it.
  • Valkyrie isn’t really that engaging since chain healing does all the work for you and it just seems to go on for too long. I think a slightly shorter Valk with a stronger single target effect would honestly do a lot for making it feel more impactful while not upsetting the game balance.

I still also believe that rez should be a chargeable ability (akin to scrap) since it gives the hero a slightly higher skill ceiling, makes her more engaging, and makes picking Mercy off a lot more significant for the enemy team.

Everyone has different opinions. Numbers don’t lie. What we have is balanced. But I do not believe what we have now is as fun to play as that it could be

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’re gonna see GOATs get even so much as dented. Hell the Brig nerfs likely make it stronger. However, re-implementing Mass Rez might just solve that problem, as mentioned here for one;

1 Like

I enjoy Mercy as she is, but so long as we’re thinking up ways to make her more engaging I had thought that we might as well give her the full TF2 medic treatment and give her an ubercharge ult.

Lasts for X seconds, reduces damage taken by Mercy and her pocket by 100% for the duration. Mercys who can micro manage and spread it effectively can reduce the damage the whole team takes or can stick to their one pocket throughout the duration.

Ult charge reset to 0 on death making picking/protecting the Mercy top priority.

Let’s do it boys.

Where did I say mass res should come back, as is?
I said mass res should come back with added changes if it ever comes back at all.

Last I checked, it doesn’t take a rocket scientist to put two and two together :confused:
Unless you think Valk is an inconsistent burst ult :man_shrugging:

While fun is a subjective detail, consider the fact that Mercy’s entire kit is devoted to enabling someone else.
Every other hero in this game has the potential to make big plays by doing the jobs they were designed to do.
When the only way to make “big plays” with mercy is to battle mercy (which is not how she was designed to play), there’s obviously something wrong.
Now, mass res has a lot more counters now then it used to, and with a cast time proportional to the amount of people being ressed, along with los on initial cast, it’s the easiest way to give her some direct power over the match like every other hero.
But if Valkyrie can become that direct impact, then I’m all ears.

1 Like