Let Sombra deal 10-15% extra damage to hacked targets

You can’t out position new Sombra. You can’t scout her and you don’t know when she will try to do something. As a immobile support there is no counter to Sombra. Except for just putting resources into whoever she hacks or tries to kill. Or just clicking her head, which they made harder to do with the bug fix they did. Which takes resources away from your team. So you can lose the fight just by that.

Sombra needs a nerf if anything not more buffs. Or a good enough way to spy check.

So I guess you’re talking about ana.

Both your abilities counter Sombras Kit if you hit sleep your team can kill her without her being able to use TL in time.

Antiheal forces Sombra to use TL in order to not die and its a super easy way to cancel hack.

And to what you described wasn’t that Sombra was weak but your teamwork was just really really bad.

Hack takes .65 seconds iirc. Sleep has a .5 second cast time alone. If Sombra is behind you, you are going to get hacked and probably die.

The only way you could survive a Sombra trying to hack you is you instantly throw a nade at your feet and hope it hits her. She can easily go behind you and far away enough so that that can’t happen.

Distracting both supports or even just a D.Va is enough to win a team fight. If a Mercy or who ever is trying to help you Ana or Zen then those are resources that your team doesn’t have that the enemy does have. That makes the fight a 5v5 at best or a 5v4 at worst.

It’s not Sombras fault Tracer does too much damage…

I didn’t said you should cancel hack with Sleep just shoot her to cancel it.
Use your sleep when Sombra isn’t focusing you but your team.

You know you can throw that nade further than you feed right? And you can shoot her… or just hit her with your fist… and do you play 1v6 or what is your team doing while your being attacked? And you do more DPS then Sombra so you can kill her if you are a good ana…

And any other Flanker does not to that that’s what Flankers should do…
And a 5v5 is fair however Sombra should distract your teammates complete on her own maybe instead of letting her do what she want’s just force her into the team fight? Its not that hard? Sorry if I understood you wrong but I’m really confused about why your teammates should do that?

i dont look at sombra in a biased manner, i look at her as unbiased as possible. Sombra is simply too capable of becoming overpowered, fixing her bugs would make her reliable again, as example, doomfist got a severe power increase after 50% of his bugs got fixed.

hack is one of the most powerful CC abilities, junkrats trap is another one but nowhere near the power of hack/sleep/freeze, does not mean it gets you kills. That is not the point, hack basically disables a tank from a team fight for 6 entire seconds, the only other abilities able to disable a tank for that long is meis freeze on ult(shorter duration with her lmb too), and anas sleep. Hack is extremely hard cc.

Positive. :grinning:

1 Like

Im against Dmg buffs but would you really think that buffing her base Movement speed to match that of Tracer and Genji and giving better Visuals would make her go from to weak to to Strong in an instand?

That’s true but it’s not worth the power she lacks especially with hack being inconsistent as hell.

hack is meant to be inconsistent, do you want one of the most powerful cc abilities in the game to be reliable? Yes sombra needs bug fixes, yes sombra probably needs buffs, but to buff her rn with no downsides, when cc is already getting more enabled, would be the biggest ‘shot in the foot’ moment blizzard could ever do in ow. That would be the death of tank players across the board.

Im fine with buffing her movement speed or stealth. But do not, buff her damage, or her hack, sombra does 420 damage per clip with/without(i forget) headshots if she hits all her shots, do you want that buffed? Were you here when sombra was becoming meta for 2 weeks because of how oppressively reliable her hack was.

I am trying to be a voice of reason here, people do not think about indirect consequences of changing a character in buff/rework/nerf

I’d prefer just extra weapon accuracy when an enemy is hacked, with the effect able to stack.

Or make hack a stronger debuff,

• reduced healing
  • weakened damage
  • impaired vision
  • enemy is unaware of hack until an ability is attempted
  • slowed/stopped cooldown rate
  • clear visuals for allies

Are some suggestions I have (not at the same time obv)

If Sombra gets behind you all you can do before she hacks you is throw your nade at your feet. That’s if she is in range of it anyway.

Ana’s rifle is way harder to use in close range compared to Sombra’s SMG. Ana may have more burst with it but that’s if you hit your shots.

You can call out and scout other flankers. You can’t force Sombra to do anything because there is no way to punish her aside from hopeful spam. Which with the correct route can be completely avoided.

Genji dash and Tracer’s blink are extremely loud. Sombra is completely invisible. She can take any route she wants and have 0 worry about being scouted.

That’s the problem with her. She can do what other flankers do with 0 chance of being punished until she gets to where she wants to be.

1 Like

hack is already one of the most powerful ccs in the game. You want to make it even more powerful? Do you realize how bad that would actually be.

Woah there lets not give people any ideas to get her nerfed because sombra is already annoying let’s not give people who dont like her more ammo to call for a nerf

It isn’t really. OK, it’s autoaimed and lasts six seconds, it isn’t BAD, but at the end of the day, armor+healing lets tanks survive it, and the crappy SMG+small character hitboxes let everyone else survive it. There’s heroes it’s straight-up wasted on, can you name a hero on whom, for instance, helix rocket is a waste?

they are different kind of abilities, damage cannot be really wasted. But yes hack can be wasted, but please, do not make one of the strongest forms of cc in this game even stronger. Last thing we need is more powerful cc.

How would you feel if its duration was also reduced?
Or if it became a skillshot?

I do not know, how much would it be reduced to, 3s? I dont frankly know, honestly i dont think sombra should get any changes until we get more counterplay to hack in the game, aka more anti CC. Thats my feelings on this, hack is way too powerful of utility to be buffed, i wouldnt say its worth the risk.

With Sombra’s spread, maybe 33% of your bullets will end up being headshots if you’re aiming directly at a small-medium sized head hitbox

1 Like

Nothing what I said directly buffs her Hack it buffs her Teamplay with hack and makes her usefull in Teamfight without EMP.

But If you do think we need to nerf her for Buffs I would do this:
Increast Base Speed
Threshold on stealth and hack at about 10-15 dmg (This keeps bad hacks breakable but rewards good positioning because right now a reaper can break it form acros the map)
Better Visuals.

And nerf her Charge rate so EMP bot finaly dies in Conternders too.

I’m a Sombra main but when I need to I play Ana or Lucio as Healer and I never had a problem after knowing there is a Sombra in the Enemy team to be able to react turn around and hit her You need a bit of mechanical aim but I rarely miss on her.

Way harder is maybe a little over the top (Sombras SMG is not very forgiving) but yes its harder I agree but it’s not problem hitting 3 shots and a nade before she kills you even when hacked you have a Team we should not compare a DPS flanker to a solo Support.

She takes 0.7 Second to come out of stealth and 0.65 to hack that’s 1.35 second to react after there is more than enough time to call her out and get the help of your Team.

She screams like a dying dog whenever she uses stealth or TL besides TL is very flashy and easy to spot.

Play a counter:
Hanzo
Mcree
Moira
Winston
Torb
Or any other hero as long as you hit better then she does.
And you punish her real hard and remember Sombra is one of the hardest characters in the game she needs a lot of mechanical aim and a lot of game sense to be able to be effective I think she should be strong if you are really good with her otherwise it’s not worth even learning her. That’s why you only play Sombra right now is because you like her not because she is good.

Why do you want to change hack so hard? Just make is consistand bug fixes (and maybe a small threshold) is all it needs to be fine no huge buffs to it or how it effects others.