Let Sombra deal 10-15% extra damage to hacked targets

I see you are looking through a keyhole. Do you really think the game would be better off with sombra being more reliable and more oppressive as a side effect?

Idk about you, but id prefer to not have another hanzo scenario of a ‘throw character’ becoming oppressively meta. Thanks

You’re creating a false dichotomy here, where the only two options are a useless Sombra or a broken Sombra that’s elevated to god-tier from being overbuffed.

I’d like Sombra to be balanced, such that people no longer consider her a throw pick, but not overpowered to the point of being a must-pick like Hanzo.

2 Likes

Umm no
(20 characters)

So take away her infinite stealth. Nobody asked for that in the first place.

I think one of Sombra’s biggest issues is it’s often not worth your while to even hack. If you catch Hanzo, Widow, Soldier 76, Torb or Reaper alone, you’re better off popping out of stealth and shooting them. You’ll probably take away half their health before they even know what’s going on. If you hack them, there goes your advantage of surprise.

1 Like

Just because she counters your main doesn’t mean she shouldn’t get a buff.

1 Like

If a sombra player is so pro that she can hack someone then get all head shots and just about kill them before they get support or just move out the way she probably could have just popped out of stealth and kill them in the 1st place instead of giving them a warning by starting the hack 1st.

Sombra doing extra damage to hacked targets would help her also just play the game a bit more “normally” meaning she could be in a fire fight get a hack off from a distance and her weapon not instantly be almost useless without headshots.

If they really want to help her out they can increase hack range “just a little” that way she can hack from further out since its already been nerfed to go on cool down upon taking damage.

That combined with a damage buffed to hacked characters would help her alot and at least make her feel more defined when there isn’t a team to always follow up with you.

sombra cannot be balanced if its around her hack. Why do you think they are balancing sombra away from her hack. And now shes finally usable again in the pro scene at the very least. Thats more progress since they stopped her from being an ult bot.

I want sombra to not be underpowered or op, but i am willing to admit that this kind of a buff, or any buff to hacks reliability or what it can do would just be asking for hanzo rework sombra edition.

I think both hacking and giving more damage seems…cruel. I would rather make it choosable somehow

They’re really not balancing Sombra away from her hack though… I mean if that was the case, they’d have reverted her hack to the original slower version and gave her more damage, or something similar. Blizzard has stated they don’t want her to be an assassin, but rather a disruptor, meaning they want to focus her almost exclusively around her hack as opposed to focusing on damage.

Direct buffs to Sombra’s Hack or DMG would put her in a very weird spot where she herself is actually bad but her hack is just to OP so she gets picked that way. As a Sombra main I do not want that
Sombra does not need more DMG or a stronger hack.

She needs Buffs for her consistency / make her easier to play WITH. / Teamfight outside EMP.

Well, yea its more progress but She already gets forced out of Contenders again LGD does a really really good job at countering her and makes it impossible for her to do her Job.

I agree I would not like to see Sombra being a Must-pick or OP at any rank.
There are ways to buff her outside Direct Hack or DMG buffs.

1 Like

i agree with your post completely.

they are making sombra less about her hack, thats been obvious. As for why they wont revert her, once something goes through ptr theres a 99.9% chance its never getting reverted, the only full reverts ever made was mercys hps and meis drop off.

If not that, then hacked targets need to do less damage / get reduced healing.

It’s ridiculous when you are sombra and aiming to take down a target and they get pocket healed to where you’re being 2 vs. 1.

Sombra needs something to fight back.

I actually kinda like this idea. As long as it is only applied to sombra and not her whole team. Would add a small upside to hacking instead of just dpsing a boy down.

2 Likes

Ehhh, she probably does need something but I’m more inclined to go with bug fixes/qol stuff. We gotta keep in mind that hack breaking on movement abilities is a bug they’re working on. Once that’s fixed, she’ll be much more consistent.

No point in pumping up her damage so it’s crazy against tanks, just lower the amount of spread she has since it’s way too easy to A/D most of it unless the gun is basically in the model.

Any Sombra buff would help at this point.

Oh yeah nonono

This would only apply to sombra. If she had that much power, she’d be a must pick

Yes! Yes please for the love of…whatever god, deity, rA9, whatever exists in this universe. Make her a viable flanker. It can be like discord orb. Which somehow I feel like people would still complain about anyway because they’ve decided the hate her.

Ah dan I sneezed hahaha