🛰 Let’s think logically about guessing the Surprise (not big, highlight little surprise)

Replay system. Especially for OWL 2

1 Like

Unlikely a replay system
 again that would be a social feature and would require a Dev update.

edit to Luka: When do you think was the last time Blizzard did something as low as Diablo immortal to the community?

The only thing I can think of is Sombra Arg, but Blizzard learned from that.

To add to the list

Another base loot box content update.
A new game mode.
Beyond that maybe a actual in game lore tab.

They already announced that they’re developing the replay/observer system.

Anything mobile would be a separate game and wouldn’t be released in a patch.

I don’t think Ana had a dev update on launch. I don’t think every new map requires a dev update either.

I’m leaning towards a better practice range/training room, myself.

1 Like

no, you have to think smaller

a new game mode would require a dev’s update

I kind of hope it will be altered color projectiles for owl skins

I just want to see my rein throw a purple fire strike :frowning:

Then that narrows it down to a in game lore tab.

And if it will be one of the teasers for the new hero? In the news section of Ow’s site i mean (Like article of Efi Oladele etc
)

Thats still pretty big.

Not really since it would only have lore that’s already known and it’s not a gameplay update of any type, if not that then i’ll go with symmetra and mei buffs.

depends on the balance patch (I am thinking it’s pretty small)

no like I said before

Thinking comic or news article. (or what Ivan said)

1 Like

Thing is, we are due a map. And there really is no reason to do a dev update. We know the drill for maps now.

Yeah
 but they still do Dev updates for new maps. Even the small ones. So likely not.

Well it was described as “little” so I’m assuming something like free OWL tokens or perhaps a new UI feature.

I don’t think free Owl tokens is worth a mention.

Cosmetic update 2019
Maybe a little bit smaller but theres no need for a dev update to announce that the 3 new heroes gets their cute icons and sprays and some of the heroes gets new cosmetics as well.

hmm
 there is the Sombra skin. But I think thats coming out with Archive event in April or the Anniversary event in May.

1 Like

I’m going with a very wild guess. Are you ready? An announcement there is going to be OW movie :thinking:

1 Like

I think they released Busan without a dev update.

They did release a map preview but Jeff knows we like to look at his blinking pattern in his dev updates so he’s warned up in advanced that he’s not done one. (because we flip out when we expect something that doesn’t happen)

It could be a small social feature such as an update the career profile to showcase our favourite heros, I don’t think that would need a video really

I think all not having a dev update means is that the change is not going to be gameplay related and not big enough that they need to explain the reasons they are adding it.

Could be a comic, he said it was something ‘small’ so probably not a cinematic.