🛰 Let’s think logically about guessing the Surprise (not big, highlight little surprise)

See Pretty sure we won’t see anything from devs till next week (Jeff responded) to review

Let’s Highlight the last words - No Dev Update

This means no YouTube video with Jeff

Which means besides whatever on the balance patch (which he talked out earlier)

This not a few things that he would do a video on

Not

• New Hero
  • New Map
  • Major rework like Sym or Torb
  • New Social Feature

So what does that leave…

Well, something lore related

Like a comic

Or a News Article

If you think of anything else tell me

Edit suggestion from Ivan: revamped Practice Range map Revamped Practice Range Map next week?

edit suggestion: finally cleaned up the Numbani airport

Cough New Story! Is this the little surprise?!

8 Likes

Overwatch immortal obviously

20 Likes

Let’s be realistic, They would have learned that was a bad idea from the Diablo reaction

They aren’t idiots

2 Likes

I still wouldn’t put it past Activision to pull something like that. Look at Bethesda. For weeks they kept screwing up with Fallout 76.

1 Like

Mama Hong finally released.

6 Likes

I blame 76 on Bethesda CEO not, Bethesda Devs.

2 Likes

Maybe another cinematic like the Junkrat/Roadhog video. I’m actually surprised they only did one of those, since they seem much less expensive to produce than the “full” cinematics (Roadtrip, Honor and Glory, etc.).

3 Likes

That is good way to think about this, lest think about what it could be with some realistic perspection.

I think that not gona be at least skins, after all last year skins didnt need to be secret.

1 Like

Yeah but I see no reason to put that much effort in a cinematic unless a hero release was right around the corner

Even then they would do another Cinematic for that hero release

As far as i know they didnt screw up first time with trying to get quick cash out of game, but who is realy responsible? Not the guy programming this for sure.

1 Like

The Junkrat video was a promo/teaser for Junkertown, not a new hero. It was also done entirely using in-game assets, rather than having the art team spend time making a “high quality” rendered video.

3 Likes

Sounds like it’ll be an announcement that they are working on something new.

2 Likes

I think that it could maybe be the viewer. isnt it meant to be released before OWL?

1 Like

Again might be possible even though I am hoping for a new hero over a new map. (Because at this point we need more heroes not maps.)

Maybe it will be both… honestly not getting my hopes up for this

owL sKinS yeSssssSsa

A “cool surprise” that doesn’t warrant a dev video is going to be something small like the Junkrat video. You’re not going to see the replay viewer just show up without a big announcement, nor a new hero or map.

1 Like

Yeah but the Junkrat video was released along side other stuff that Jeff did do a video about.

So I don’t know if this would be a thing or not.

Plus the only map I can think of, would be the Viskar map. But again that would be early Hype… if that was not gonna be on the ptr

Because if it was the Viskar map of utopia (then that would have a Dev update)

We are talking about Activision Blizzard here. They will most likely make something for mobile about Overwatch.

But that’s a big surprise so a little surprise could probably be something really small. I will throw a guess and say they revamped Practice Range map, but that takes them some effort so idk

1 Like

I don’t think they would be dumb and go mobile. (That is beyond dumb.)

I do like the practice range idea… I will put it up at the top as a possibility Ivan.

1 Like

Debatable. Blizzard are the type of company that learn from nothing, see what people hate and then do exactly that again.

1 Like