Let’s fix Bastion, Mei and Reaper

Coming out of Cryo with zero ammo is criminal. Might as well just have died because when you come out of it, you won’t be able to defend yourself unless wall is available. Even then, you are a sitting duck.

2 Likes

25% ironclad maximum. Not 30%

1 Like

Why? I literally just explained that 30% Ironclad won’t let Bastion survive any of your examples. 30% Ironclad doesn’t even change Pharah’s TTK. 30% Ironclad is absolutely fine.

You shouldn’t be able to roll over Bastion with the exact comp he was designed to counter.

2 Likes

It makes bastion’s effective health 390. and with armor and self repair. That’s not a good buff idea. It was nerfed to 20% because of bastion SHOULDNT survive a dragon Strike. And with his high damage output bastion would be broken. 35% and 30% ironclad isn’t that differeny

1 Like

I’m all for positive Bastion and Reaper changes. Although I believe those changes might break Bastion. I’m not sure how best to properly buff him without completely breaking him. But he surely needs something, as does Reaper

While I would like them to fix Bastion, I don’t think this is a good way to do it. This would just increase his reliability on teammates without fixing his core issues with Sentry mode. His spread is too high for a stationary hero leading to pretty low damage numbers (source), and he’s encouraged to stay in Sentry mode for too long. He should set up, get a pick or two, then relocate, not just sit in one spot forever because he can just eat the damage…

In my opinion, his passive damage resistance needs to be removed entirely. Bastion doesn’t need more survivability in Sentry mode, he needs more consistent damage. He needs his spread either reverted, or to copy Hammond’s spread pattern.

My most preferred way of fixing him is this. It removes passive damage resistance and replaces it with a new form of Ironclad that allows Bastion to overheal himself with extra “torb armor” (the orange armor that torb can currently toss out on live) that stays until damaged away. He can only do this while at full health, and healers can’t heal it, which reduces his pocket-ability. It also fixes his Sentry mode weapon so that it feels more consistent and reliable.

3 Likes

Guess what, Bastion still doesn’t survive a Dragonstrike with 30% Ironclad.

The whole point of the passive is to force him out of Sentey by either forcing him to reposition or using some sort of CC.

Bastion is just a push over right now. That’s the problem.

Bastion is supposed to be good against tank comps, and Ironclad is what allows him to do that.

3 Likes

Doesn’t mean make him almost unkillable. 35% made him busted. 30% won’t change much from 35%

35% made him busted only because Nanoboost made him invincible.

30% Bastion in this day and age would kill GOATs but nothing else.

Nanoboost wasn’t why he was op. Ironclad was so broken it was a meme. Go into sentry. Hold right click once in a while and BAM you won

Take two seconds to think about how you would beat Bastion before you post. You have two options.

Option 1: Make Bastion useless by moving so he has to reposition, giving you a chance to counter him.

Option 2: Use any sort of CC that gets him out of Sentry, making him easily killable.

It really isn’t that hard.

1 Like

Clearly you didn’t see the omnic crisis on the ladder.

You’re asking a lot of coordination from solo q players who have little to none ~ diamond down, there abouts.

25% is a nice medium giving Bastion a smidge more to it.

What’s wrong with a hero that has the best dps capability in the GAME being easy to counter? If he wasn’t easy to counter he would be overpowered

3 Likes

Mei doesn’t need a buff, pick rate really doesn’t matter that much honestly, she still dominates in Plat/Diamond.
She shouldn’t be able to freeze more than one person with her primary weapon, she shouldn’t be able to snipe people with her icicles, she shouldn’t even be entirely invincible in her cryo freeze.
I wish Reinhardt’s fire strike could melt right through that ice and take her out of her little comfort zone.

2 Likes

30% is the number that keeps Bastion dying to ultimates and keeps his TTK with most heroes the same.

Just to make the difference very clear, 35% Bastion survived 400dmg Pulse Bomb. 30% wouldn’t.

Sure, in a vacuum. Which the game isn’t in.

I’d like to see Bastion buffed, but I disagree that going more than 25% iron clad is the way to do it.

About Mei i think she needs mostly bug fixes, otherwise she still remains inconsistent. BTW if we should give Mei a cryofreeze reload i would be ok for a partial reload over time, up to 100 ammos max. About lowering the cooldown IDK if it’s useful or makes her too strong, but this makes her better in stalling and surviving in fights

3 Likes

i dont mind the buffs myself
but truthfully if they do get buffed i believe all tanks as a whole need to get buffed because the increase in damage from everywhere making them unable to keep up

Mei main here. She is fine. That cryofreeze buff you are suggesting is unnecessary, and i don’t want Mei to be powercreeped into meta.

Also, good Mei players can manage their ammo, and don’t need free extra reload. This could have been good buff idea in the past, but she doesn’t need it anymore because she does much more damage now.

Here’s excellent comment explaining why she doesn’t need reload during cryofreeze.

I completely agree that Bastion and Reaper are in dire need of help.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t see the Mei part earlier… yeah, she’s nearly perfect since her falloff buff, all she really needs is a couple bug fixes. Cryo needs to work properly (so that she doesn’t get killed/hooked out of it), and maybe a slight change to freeze so that jumping doesn’t basically negate it.