Let it die, Im sick of you smurfs

Bronze rank folk who play like Diamonds.

IM SICK OF IT!!!

I can never play properly because the gameplay population is so bad we are left with festering Smurfs and Alts who just go to BRONZE on purpose! I want to get better I try so hard to get better and all that happens is a bronze Genji or Zarya or pick any other bronze smurf, they come in and ruin it!

The game needs to get to a point that only smurfs are playing each other. I had about 40 friends in my wow guild who played and now its just 2 of us.

STOP THE SMURFING. Its clear smurfing. No bronze genji 1v6’s and gets away 100%. Youd expect him to get away now and then but not 100% of the time. IM SICK OF THIS. Has gaming become this?

45 Likes

DUDE

LEARN FROM IT.

I know smurfing sucks but like 14 years ago when Halo 2 was big. I played with MLG players all the time and it made me 10x better. Stop seeing the negative. Focus on headshotting the smurfs, it desensistises you and then you are better than you thought you were.

A real player kills the smurfs.

8 Likes

You cannot learn from it! Every match!

18 Likes

Yes. You can.

If someone shoots you quickly you learnt to be quicker.

If someone takes a position that suprises you, you learn to take that position.

It forces you to be BETTER. Thats they key.

Stop being negative and learn and get better. If you copy a Diamond player guess what? You get to Diamond.

11 Likes

“Many such cases!!!”

3 Likes

No. This would be true when people played this game, now its just smurfs and alts. You cant apply normal principal. Its just smrufs and alts. Now and then you find a new player who you can play with but rarely. That is fact. Rarely is any game fair. No longer.

7 Likes

I don’t agree, I play in low ELO and I almot never encoutner smurfs, either your special, or your imagining it.

4 Likes

You play in gold and silver…

Most of the bronze smurfs will start throwing again not long after achieving 4-digits SR.
The only smurfing you’ll see is the occasional professional booster carrying a stack upwards, which you’ll see more if you also play in stacks, and very rarely if you’re a solo player.

Of course, both recreational smurfs and professional boosters have to get Bronze accounts from somewhere, so I would imagine you see throwers with some regularity, although if you don’t check in the replay to see them deliberately shooting the cart instead of the enemy you may think they are just bad players.

Those throwers are only a fraction of the smurfs that you would see in low Bronze, both because they only pass through your rank and don’t oscillate there alternating throws and carries, and because the population of actual players is much denser in silver and gold.

4 Likes

Fair point as well when in bronze you have one trick alt account on your team that won’t help counter any talented player. They’re there to learn the character but suck anyways. They won’t switch cause they’re too good on their main it’s beneath them to try in bronze.

:joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

See I never understood the point of this. I always tried to level my alt accounts within a reasonable range of my main SR to practice other heroes.

You don’t really learn playing against players who know less than you.

5 Likes

lol there is nothing bronzes can learn from getting head shotted cross map by widows and one combod by genjis LOL

11 Likes

well you could position better against the widow, and you could play genji counters…

4 Likes

a team of bronzes could run cree brig torb mora hog and a genji still aint dying lol

10 Likes

That’s because they’re bad. Not because the heroes they chose.

1 Like

r u going to post a single replay of u being gud?
wud love to see it

maybe a screenshot of several replay codes in a row
so we know smurfs arent a thing and ur a god gamer
and every1 is delusional to talk about rigging cheaters and alts

5 Likes

No one ever learned much from playing against people of a much higher skill level than themselves.

Just a scientific fact.

7 Likes

Playing vs someone who is mechanically better than you does not make you mechanically better. Game sense and positioning only go so far. Some people are low rank because of physical limitations and will NEVER beat these smurfs no matter how much they learn or practice. Blizzard has all the data in the world regarding their game. They can definitively identify nearly every smurf, but they simply do not care to do anything about them.

6 Likes

I already did many many seasons ago when I came to the forums seeking VOD reviews. A Masters player and past forum regular by the name of Aiko Genji provided me the guidance I required.

Since that time I joined a scrim team and received coaching. Having achieved my competitive aspirations in Overwatch, I no longer have any reason to queue for competitive Overwatch.

While I appreciate the backhanded compliment, (I’m aware you’re envious of my skills) I’m nowhere near god tier.

• never have I ever claimed to perform like a god (feel free to find a direct quote where I have though).

Compared to GM/T500 players, I am legitimately just trash.

Certainly if I decided to try and climb to GM, I could do it. However, being Masters is enough for me to be content.

If you provide me with a silver ranked account, I’ll happily climb it to Diamond for you. That should provide sufficient information for you to review.

Otherwise I don’t expect I’ll be able to provide you with such a screenshot because playing mid/high Diamond/Masters games is the peak of my physical performance and game knowledge and I am incapable of carrying at that level.

I do not deny the existence of cheaters

• never have I ever.

I have openly acknowledged that

• from a data science perspective

an argument can be made for why smurfing and alt accounts compromise the competitive integrity of the ladder.

I fixed the sentence for you. :innocent:

I have never claimed smurfs do not exist.

• never have I ever

My claim is that they do not prevent players from achieving their correct rank.

6 Likes

Apart from me, which I stated in the exact post you replied to :joy:.

That’s just nonsense not science, if you want to get better at anything, you surround yourself with better/more successful people to learn from them. It’s called being challenged, and it is effective.

3 Likes

This is such an overused and ignorant answer. Players learn through progression. Playing against people slightly highet elo than them can be helpful-- Not by getting their their butt smoked by someone 1-2k sr higher.

5 Likes