Leaving penalty is helping smurfs and climbing

Just leave a game and you have a quick derank to smurf if you want. now unfortunatly my internet went out 3 times. games got much easier after Dcing. I’m over 200 games this season and have noticed long losing streaks, 50/50 win/lose streaks, and win streaks. idk, just feels like the matchmaker is calibrating SR in large chunks rather than with individual games.

Anyway, it’s unfortunate that I feel like i gotta leave after 6 (about 120 SR+) wins, DC one game (-100 SR instantly instead of within 6 hours) to get the lose streak out of the way. Soft reseting my MMR to teams i can own literally 100 sr below me. making a net worth of +20 sr in half the time it would take by continuing a climb. rinse and repeat. tf is this matchmaker?

2 Likes

Sure except they recently upped the severity of leaver penalties but I guess that doesn’t support your narrative

3 Likes

no, it does. i included the increased leaver penalty. Unless you didn’t actually read the post.

1 Like

Yea unfortunately the best way to end a losing streak is by throwing a couple games. So you don’t have to be the guy getting 50 elims and 4 gold medals every game just to keep it close. It must be the reason why Blizz won’t tell us the truth about MMR. Because then everyone would be inting in order to climb easier.

2 Likes

No, you didn’t. You brought up that it’s - 100. Talk to me about the fact that it now takes less games to get a season ban.

1 Like

MMR is the reason that SR means next to nothing